• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OK, we have a problem [please read!]

seasong

First Post
I'm one of the people who didn't get an email saying that my CS account had ended. My account ended a bit over a month ago, and I don't do searches enough to notice on that short a time frame.

I also noticed that the pricing scheme for accounts is, er, backwards:

$19.99 for one year
$87.50 for two ($43.75 per year)
$135 for three ($45 per year)

Could I suggest an alternative?

$25 for one year
$45 for two years
$60 for three years

I understand that the $19.99 was originally intended as a short-term sale that has just never ended . . . but if that's all you're planning to sell anyway, maybe just standardize around it?

I know that I don't visit EN World that much, but I get at least as much out of it as a good d20 campaign book each year, so $25 seems very reasonable to me.

Edit: And just renewed.

Last edited:

TheAuldGrump

First Post
seasong said:
I'm one of the people who didn't get an email saying that my CS account had ended. My account ended a bit over a month ago, and I don't do searches enough to notice on that short a time frame.

I also noticed that the pricing scheme for accounts is, er, backwards:

$19.99 for one year
$87.50 for two ($43.75 per year)
$135 for three ($45 per year)

Could I suggest an alternative?

$25 for one year
$45 for two years
$60 for three years

I understand that the $19.99 was originally intended as a short-term sale that has just never ended . . . but if that's all you're planning to sell anyway, maybe just standardize around it?

I know that I don't visit EN World that much, but I get at least as much out of it as a good d20 campaign book each year, so $25 seems very reasonable to me.

Edit: And just renewed.
Hmmm, I do not know if it is still the case, but previously people were more likely to 'donate to a cause' if the request did not go over twenty. (I used to work for a small not-for-profit organization.) I suspect that the $19.99 subscriptions would bring in more money than bumping it up to $25. One of the weird things I remember is that people were more likely to make three $20 donations than to donate $40 all at once.

A bar showing monthly donations vs. monthly cost might be a good idea. People seem perfectly willing to donate to E. N. World, but many do not know that there is a problem until the problem becomes severe.

The Auld Grump

Frater

First Post
I would consider some of these things but I have heard some pretty serious negatives about the security of the ENWorld merchant system handling purchase and account transactions.

I will send you something via the paypal address.

Remove ads