On number of ignores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Were ignored, you mean.

And no, I don't keep track of exactly when each upgrade or improvement gets implemented on site.

And you do know the people that ignore you have to actively choose two-way blocking? So the change you were seeing might just be you finally being so annoying that it compelled whomever to upgrade their protection.
No, it wasn't. I do pay attention and it is a recently announced change.
What doesn't change is that your case is not the user case Xenforo is caring about. Empowering users facing real harassment is important. Catering to sometimes-abrasive users like you or me is not.
If someone is actively harassing someone else, that person should be kicked off the site. This change does virtually nothing to prevent harassment.

CapnZapp

Legend
If someone is actively harassing someone else, that person should be kicked off the site. This change does virtually nothing to prevent harassment.
I engaged because I saw you were in danger of putting your foot in your mouth. Now that you have there's nothing I can help you with.

I'm sure the Xenforo developers love to waste their time on features that don't work and hinder more than they help. Also that they never thought of the idea to use manual labor-intensive solutions where automatic self-correcting measures can't.

Oh wait, no, that's not right. I'm being sarcastic and the feature works for what it was intended to do, and you must be too entitled and self-absorbed if you can't see the value it brings, and that this value exceeds the inconvenience.

Anyway, have a nice day.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I engaged because I saw you were in danger of putting your foot in your mouth. Now that you have there's nothing I can help you with.

I'm sure the Xenforo developers love to waste their time on features that don't work and hinder more than they help. Also that they never thought of the idea to use manual labor-intensive solutions where automatic self-correcting measures can't.

Oh wait, no, that's not right. I'm being sarcastic and the feature works for what it was intended to do, and you must be too entitled and self-absorbed if you can't see the value it brings, and that this value exceeds the inconvenience.

Anyway, have a nice day.

For someone who is seemingly advocating for the side of decency, you seem to be doing a lot of work to escalate the tension level here.

You know that a person can find a feature mildly annoying (say, just enough to feel like talking about it in a thread that's specifically designed to talk about it) without having so strong an opinion that they have to be "entitled and self-absorbed".

Forgive me, but it just seems a bit overly strong and personal.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Because no one has ever wasted their time on features before. This feature really does next to nothing. Someone driven to harass won't be stopped by something that literally only requires a few clicks of the mouse to get around. Heck, a harasser will probably make multiple accounts to get around it.

Harassment is something that requires much more substantial efforts in order to protect people from it.
Anyway, have a nice day.
You too!

Sacrosanct

Legend
For someone who is seemingly advocating for the side of decency, you seem to be doing a lot of work to escalate the tension level here.

You know that a person can find a feature mildly annoying (say, just enough to feel like talking about it in a thread that's specifically designed to talk about it) without having so strong an opinion that they have to be "entitled and self-absorbed".

Forgive me, but it just seems a bit overly strong and personal.
That’s not what Maxperson was saying though. At least I don’t think so

FitzTheRuke

Legend
That’s not what Maxperson was saying though. At least I don’t think so
Perhaps. Does it matter? My point is that it is better to give someone the benefit of the doubt. Seeing as it is impossible to determine either way just how emotionally invested another poster actually is, it seems to me to be best to assume that they are not. (If you understand what I mean).

It just makes interacting here a much more pleasant experience. And it has the added benefit of stopping yourself from being the "problem" by escalating tensions, as CZ is doing here.

Sacrosanct

Legend
Perhaps. Does it matter? My point is that it is better to give someone the benefit of the doubt. Seeing as it is impossible to determine either way just how emotionally invested another poster actually is, it seems to me to be best to assume that they are not. (If you understand what I mean).

It just makes interacting here a much more pleasant experience. And it has the added benefit of stopping yourself from being the "problem" by escalating tensions, as CZ is doing here.
Ah, I see what happened. It took me a second. I was confused by your post, because I thought you were replying to Maxperson. Fittingly enough for this thread, I put CZ on ignore when it seemed like he was begging for a fight with me.

So on my end of the screen, I didn’t know you quoted him and thought you were replying to MP’s last post.

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
Ah, I see what happened. It took me a second. I was confused by your post, because I thought you were replying to Maxperson. Fittingly enough for this thread, I put CZ on ignore when it seemed like he was begging for a fight with me.

So on my end of the screen, I didn’t know you quoted him and thought you were replying to MP’s last post.
Which...........................is just what I have been talking about. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads