Once Upon A Time in the Weird West

Krug

Newshound
You can't tell right now. There are probably five or six shambling around outside the church, judging from the shadows.

Priest heals Hammer. Roland stares at him in amazement. "What kind of man are you?"

doghead

thotd
ooc: Silentspace. Sorry, wasn't very clear. I think we are on the same page here. Jianna was interested in finding out how may zombies there were potentially. My impression was theat there were only about a half dozen or so outside the church itself.

But yes, if we can pick them off from the safety of the church, then that is what Jianna would suggest.

Krug: how far from the church are they? Are they right up against the door, or do they remain some distance from the building?

Krug

Newshound
From what you can tell, there are some just hovering right around the front porch of the church. So you could open the doors and shoot at them...

doghead

thotd
Jianna, human female.

"Right. Let's see to Lena first. I don't think we should upset the status quo until we are able to move if necessary. And we can't go anywhere until Lena has given birth."

Jianna glances around until she spies the bible. She collects it and returns to Lena. Jianna crouches beside Lena, the bible held out.

"Take this," she says gently. "While his ways are often confusing, he does watch over us."

ooc: OK. Get the birth over with, get some rest. Clear out the town in the morning? We have enough food and water to last to then, don't we?

Krug

Newshound
Lena holds onto the bible and nods at Jianna, in pain. Roland shivers, clutching his rifle.

The night becomes deeper outside, and the church is illuminated by some candles. It could have sat about 40 people, but now the town belongs to the damned. The figure of the Christ looms over you, and he seems to be asking "Why have you forsaken me?" Outside, the walking dead have quietened down, and peeking out periodically, Priest and Jianna find them walking around randomly, as though they were still truly alive and going about their usual duties.

Close to midnight, Lena mutters in pain. "It's beginning... ow..." She is sweating profusely. Ronald turns to the two of you. "What do I do? What do I do?"

doghead

thotd
Jianna, human female

"Stay calm and keep an eye on the doors and windows."

ooc: Sorry all, some friends have dropped in for a few days. I might be a bit more erratic than normal. Feel free to ghost Jianna as necessary.

silentspace

First Post
The Priest stands by Lena, appearing lost and out of his element. He tries to help however he can, but his thoughts wander. Why would Pickaze Jack want the baby?

Krug

Newshound
Lena howls in pain, watching the two newcomers. The hound hovers around her, whining.
"Can't you do something?" Ronald scolds Priest. Lena is sweating buckets as she lets out another yell. The shambling dead appear to be roused by the sound, and are striking at the church door.

doghead

thotd
Jianna, human female.

Jianna rolls her eyes as the priest shuffles his feet and looks nervous.

A man will face down a bunch of zombies but anything to do with babies ...

"Priest," she says quietly, "You have the healing touch, don't you?" At his nod* she continues. "Sit with Lena, hold her hand and help her stay calm. If all goes as it should, thats all you will be needed to do."

Jianna takes a deep breath and begins to get people organised.

ooc: * assuming that he does.
ooc: I have no idea about how this works beyond what I have seen on TV. Er, ... lie Lena down on a blanket. Have the priest stay at her side incase she starts hemorrhaging. Pray. Have Ronald watch the door. Until the baby is born, or the zombies burst in, thats about all I can think of.

Remove ads