Once Upon A Time in the Weird West

silentspace

First Post
"Hammer's a good horse, we fight as a team." the Priest says as he continues to mount up.

"Roland, I want you to watch the door, and open and close it for us, ok? Don't open it for anyone else."

"If you want, we can both ride up here behind me," he says, offering Jianna his hand.

doghead

thotd
Jianna, female human awaiting

silentspace said:

"If you want, we can both ride up here behind me," he says, offering Jianna his hand.

Jianna snorts and shakes her head.

"I'll stay on foot I think.

"I think we both should, its easier to cover each others backs that way. And I don't think we should go anywhere much past the front porch at this point. Not until we see what happens."

Jianna doesn't really expect the man to change his mind. She gets the impression that he's pretty much used to doing it his way, and rather set in his ways. She doesn't push the point if he does insist on riding out of the church. She just turns and strides over to the door where she stops and listens for a moment*. If it seems clear of immediate danger, she steps back and gives Roland the all clear to open the door. She brings up her rifle to cover the entrance, or exit depending on your point of view, until the Priest and his charger are through.

She follows up, checking both left and right of the door and then the area out front. She focuses her attention on the nearest zombies that are not engaged in melee with the Priest.

ooc: * or if there is a window from which you she can see the front porch, she will take a look out of that.

silentspace

First Post
"Suit yourself," the Priest says.

Just as he is about to ride out, he pauses and looks at Jianna again. It wasn't fair for her. She shouldn't be here. The Priest needed to be here, he was called here to fight the shadows. But not Jianna. Any other man, any good man, would be trying to help her leave, not stay. Still, she was a tough. She could protect Lena, Roland and Sheila, at least as until he could figure out a way to get them out of here. There had to be a wagon somewhere in this town, he'd have to find one.

But right now there was someone coming. Maybe Pickaxe himself.

Looking down at the barking hound, he says "I'm thinkin to call you Cerberus, the hound of Hades, though you've got only one head. Most think Cerberus was a monster, but I reckon he was a good monster. His job was to keep the dead in Hades, to keep them dead. People shouldn't be coming back as undead..." the Priest's thoughts trail off into silence.

The Priest rides out into the street, calling for Cerberus to follow him, and stay by his side.

doghead

thotd
Jianna, female human

Jianna steps up into the doors, the barrel of the Henry seeking out the nearest zombies. The rifle barks, and barks again as Jianna pulls the trigger and works the mechanism. One. Two. Three. The numbers chime in her head like little bells as she mentally tracks the number of rounds she has fired.

If she gets a moment, she glances around the area outside the church doors, looking for the horses that she heard earlier.

ooc: Spot +1

Last edited:

Remove ads