D&D (2024) (+)One Big Thing I Would Change

I'm kind of glad they're toning down the short rest-reliant things (if they are actually consistent about it and do it to everything) - they introduce too much variability, what with having to take an hour which means you might as well take 8 hours.

We could've just had per-encounter resources in the first place and have it all make sense and be balanced, but that'd be too close to 4e, oh no. Unless it's these other encounter powers that we just don't call encounter powers, we just use different phrasings to say 'refreshes when you next roll initiative', then it's acceptable.

4e's encounter powers weren't perfect, but maybe encounter resources would be.

Last edited:

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Yup.

If Feats become core,then the variant rules chapter needs bulking up.

• Additional Actions
  • Implements
  • Martial Exploits
  • Muliclassing
  • Scions
  • Traits
I don’t especially want to see martial exploits as a general rule, and I don’t know what “scions” refers to, but mostly I agree.
In 3.xE bonuses of the same type don't stack. a shield gave a shield bonus to AC and armor gave an armor bonus. a Ring of Deflection gave a deflection bonus. and so on. there are many types. There is also Touch AC which does not include armor or shields, and Flat-Footed which does not include Dex.
Yes, and I hated that with a burning hatred is normally reserve for things that matter.

Hated it in 4e, as well, much as I otherwise love 4e.

No stacking. Ever. You get a calculation, and the highest available bonus, and might have advantage, and that is it.

Remove ads