D&D General One Piece of Art V (Places)- What Piece of D&D Art Inspired You to Love a Place

GuyBoy

Hero
Artist: Rick Sardinha
Source: Slumbering Tsar Adventure

This piece just gives me the awe of exploration of the unknown and the promise of adventure.
This piece of art is superb. Totally agree with everything you say about it. I played in this campaign, run by @TheSword , and it was brutal!
My half-ogre cavalier, Gunther Von Panzerkrieg, was pretty brutal too...

Voadam

Legend
1661288145256.png

This is the start of adventure, the home base to launch from, the safe redoubt to rest up and heal in without worrying about monsters.

The Keep on the Borderlands.

This is an Erol Otus piece from the back cover of the B2 module, it foregrounds the keep itself as a place, the party are just small shadows in the dawn/sunset scene.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
Artist: Dave A. Trampier (1979?)
Source: Dungeon Master's Guide
Place: In front of the Green Griffon

This might be cheating a bit, since the "Green Griffon" AFAIK isn't detailed somewhere and this is actually heavily inspired by real-world Rhodes, but I've always loved this piece which is very evocative.

Emirikol the Chaotic.jpg
Rhodes Street of the Knights.jpg

TheSword

Legend
I’m gonna cheat and use a pieces from WFRP 1e which was to be honest massively inspired by D&D.

It is Castle Wittgenstein on the river Reik. An ill favoured place that most boatman pass as quickly as possible. Strange twisted things are often pulled out of the river down stream of the castle.

The castle has a beautifully detailed floor map as well which matches the illustration. Such a good location. Which my players may be seeing again soon.

0FC27288-EBEC-423E-93D4-1B61D864BAF9.jpeg

GuyBoy

Hero
I’m gonna cheat and use a pieces from WFRP 1e which was to be honest massively inspired by D&D.

It is Castle Wittgenstein on the river Reik. An ill favoured place that most boatman pass as quickly as possible. Strange twisted things are often pulled out of the river down stream of the castle.

The castle has a beautifully detailed floor map as well which matches the illustration. Such a good location. Which my players may be seeing again soon.

View attachment 258894
As one of the aforementioned players, I am now very worried!

Remove ads