D&D General One Piece of Art VIII (People): What Piece of D&D Art Inspired You to Love a D&D Personage?

bguy

Explorer
I thought it was BAD ASS - I loved it and the character and looked forward to reading whatever wild and heroic battle followed Laurana's claim. But then like. . . that doesn't happen? The whole scene is kinda anti-climactic and falls flat? (Kinda like many dramatic moments in these books) and so while I continue to love this art and what it evokes, I kinda wish I had never read the actual scene it depicts as nothing around it has the same weight as the image and quote together.

Laurana still exhibited phenomenal courage in that moment. (And especially when you consider that she's utterly exhausted in that moment from having just used a Dragon Orb and is facing down not just an enemy warrior but also a dragon.) Courage of that magniture is BAD ASS even without a fight.

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
Laurana still exhibited phenomenal courage in that moment. (And especially when you consider that she's utterly exhausted in that moment from having just used a Dragon Orb and is facing down not just an enemy warrior but also a dragon.) Courage of that magniture is BAD ASS even without a fight.

Take it up with 15 year old me reading it in 1986.

Remove ads