log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E One Shot #3: Lady of the Mist

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Isle of Mists
Dusk
Round 0

Ivar grunted as he quickly averted his eyes at Bilkar’s warning, but not before he felt some magic trying to take hold of him. He shook the magic off, however

Con save advantage: 2D20.HIGH(1)+5 = [15, 2]+5 = 20

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:.
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration:
AC: 14
HP: 15/15 HD: 0/1 1d12+3
Rage: 2/2/LR
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
[/sblock]
 

log in or register to remove this ad

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: Lee has no ideal what sort of creature this is, but does know that anything with 8 or more legs is usually not friendly. Lee is up to finish the round.
 


EarlyBird

First Post
The surprised basilisk shrieks out in pain as the rock in front of it seems to shot an arrow out, at it. It has never before been shot by a rock.

OOC: Top of INIT


[sblock=Combat]
INIT
Ivar 19
Mr. Bubbles 13
Ryder 9
Bilkar 9
Basilisk 8
Lee 4

Mr. Bubbles
AC: 14, HP 05/10, HD 0/1, SPELLS: 1/1, RE 0/1, goggles off
Lee
AC: 16, HP 09/10, HD: 0/1, goggles off
Ryder
AC: 15. HP: 07/10, HD 0/1, goggles off
Ivar
AC: 14 HP: 15/15, HD 0/1, Rages 2/2, goggles off
Bilkar
AC:15, HP: 15/15, HD 1/2, SPELLS: 2/0/0, Spirit Totem: 0/1, goggles off

Young Basilisk
Currently 15' from group (80' from Lee)
AC:15, HP 15/22, cover[/sblock]
 

tglassy

Adventurer
Ryder shrugs. “We’ll all die sometime.”

He runs up to the statue, leaping on it and slashing down on the creature.

[roll0] (if somehow I get advantage, like, from height or something, [roll1])
[roll2] (+[roll3] if sneak attack applies)
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
”What’s that?” Mister Bubbles exclaims as the creature’s scream disrupts the half-orc’s inspection of the fine statue and he finally notices the reptile.

Pointing his cane at it, Mister Bubbles summons a beam of dark, evil energy that erupts from the point and speeds towards the basilisk.

OOC: Eldritch Blast [roll0] for [roll1] force damage
 


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Isle of Mists
Dusk
Round 0

Ivar pulled out his other handaxe and chucked it at the basilisk. This one, too, went skittering off into the rock field, and Ivar cursed.

Handaxe: 1D20+5 = [1]+5 = 6
1D6+3 = [5]+3 = 8


[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:.
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration:
AC: 14
HP: 15/15 HD: 0/1 1d12+3
Rage: 2/2/LR
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
The poor creature is attacked suddenly by a charging Ryder. The rogue's weapon biting deep through skin and muscle. Followed by a blast from Mr. Bubbles fiendish energy, and although it doesn't hit the beast square on the little of the blast that penetrates the creature is enough to bring it to unconsciousness.

The fight is over and a very wounded basilisk lies on the ground wheezing for breath and fighting for its life.
 



JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Mister Bubbles walks over to the dead lizard, careful to avoid looking into its dead eyes. With one hand he closes the eyes, then starts examining the body for clues.

OOC: Investigation [roll0]
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar drops his illusion, and walks over to the creature as it's taking it's last breaths. One hand on his hips, another scratching his head. Pollen and the occasional twig or piece of a leaf falling from his head, a look of confusion on his face.

After a moment of contemplation he looks around seeing the statues, once people, then kneels down and pets the lizards head apparently trying to comfort it in it's last moments.

"Scared. Didn't attack." Bilkar looks around again he seems to be thinking out loud more than talking to anyone. "Dangerous place to scare dangerous lizard."

Once the creature is dead he pulls a dagger out. "Pack killed, not in defense. Makes pack predators. Must find use for or eat." Bilkar looks the body over trying to examine it for it's uses as food, a skin, something.

OOC: Survival or Nature they are both the same modifier: [roll0] to try to figure out how to clear his conscience by making use of the body while the others look around.
 

tglassy

Adventurer
“It doesn’t have to attack using claw or tooth,” Ryder said to the gnome. “It attacks using a look. This creature, scared or not, used it’s unnatural power to trap dozens of innocents. It’s like putting down a rabid dog, so it doesn’t spread it’s disease to anyone else.”

He put a hand on the gnome. “Do not fret, small Warrior. What was done today was needed.”

OOC: Imma do an animal handling check to see what I know about basilisks.

[roll0]
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"One of you folks at home in the woods, do you think this creature was alone? Or could there be more of them around?" Lee asks as she walks toward the group.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Bilkar looks confused at Ryder. "Predators necessary. Need to kill lizard?" Bilkar shrugs and begins skinning the corps. "Need to use what predators kill. IT is necessary."

Bilkar thinks about Lee's question as he cuts. "Some parents leave babies. Some raise babies. Many statues for one baby lizard."

Bilkar seems content in his decisions.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"No, Basilisks are not necessary," Lee says. "They waste food, removing it from the cycle of life." She points. "That man, that woman, that man, they will not rot and turn into food for plants and worms. They no longer serve any purpose in the cycle of life."
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Having lost interest in the dead lizard, Mister Bubbles moves away as Bilkar starts cutting apart the creature. With some amusement the half-orc listens to the exchange between Lee and the gnome, about whether or not the beast is a natural thing.

He studies the statues and tries to keep from shuddering at the thought that it could have been him, turned to stone, not alive but also not truly dead.

"Can we turn them back to life?"

Without waiting for an answer, Mister Bubbles places his hand on the stone of a statue, and closes his eyes. In his mind's eye, he pictures his Patron; the violent and unpredictable fiend that granted him a measure of demonic power. The horrifying grin turns to him, and Mister Bubbles cannot help but feel terrified. However, he holds his ground and gazes back, forming a question in his mind; a wordless query about the petrified creature beneath his palm

With a shock, his consciousness returns as he finds himself a step or two back from the statue, his hand still hovering midair. A sooty black hand marks the place where only seconds ago the half-orc had his hand on the statue; the scorch mark having no impact on either stone or flesh, but certainly on the warlock's mind!

"I... That doesn't work," Mister Bubbles mutters quietly, not noticing the now fading red glow from the gem on his silver neckband...
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

Without looking up from his work Bilkar smiles awkwardly. "Today. Lizard prey. Bilkars pack predators. " Bilker stills his blade for a moment and looks at Lee puzzled. "This lizard safe food?" and then without waiting for a response. "No matter. Hide good. Take hide. Take head. Trade head to wizard. Wizards like bad things. Leave meat for red feathers."
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Isle of Mists
Dusk
Round 0

Ivar retrieved his axes and tucked them into his belt again. “Be careful,” he told Bilkar. “Who know wot else might be lurkin’ in this field o’ the dead. We’ve quarry t’ catch up t’.”

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:.
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration:
AC: 14
HP: 15/15 HD: 0/1 1d12+3
Rage: 2/2/LR
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
[/sblock]
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top