• Resources are back! Use the menu in the main navbar. If you own a resource, please check it for formatting, icons, etc.

5E One Shot #3: Lady of the Mist

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: INIT Order:
Lee 23 -gone
Ryder 14 -gone
Mr.B [roll0] -is up [MENTION=6776182]JustinCase[/MENTION]
Blight#1 9
Ivar 9
Blight#2 9
Bilkar 4
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: Mr. B attack - eldritch blast, #1 [roll0], [roll1]


Seeing a clear shot the half-orc warlock takes aim, and a blast of arcane force shatters the creature into kindling.

OOC: Ivar is up. #2 only creature left.
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Isle of Mists
Dusk
Round 1

Ivar grinned as one of the creatures went down to the blows of his companions. He swung his war pick at the remaining twig monster.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action: Attack Twiggy #2
War pick: 1D20+5 = [10]+5 = 15
1D8+3 = [3]+3 = 6

Bonus Action:.
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
War pick: 1D20+5 = [6]+5 = 11
1D8+3 = [5]+3 = 8

Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration:
AC: 14
HP: 9/15 HD: 0/1 1d12+3
Rage: 2/2/LR
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
And as quickly as the creatures emerged to try and ambush the party, they fell to the might of their combined battle prowess.

OOC: Ouch! They never knew what hit them, especially Lee.
Combat Over.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

"Goblin Trees." Bilkar spits on one of the plant bodies and starts walking again. "Pack go. This place bad."
 

KahlessNestor

Explorer
Isle of Mists
Dusk
Round 0

“E’en the bluidy bushes move up ‘ere,” Ivar muttered as he kicked the wooden remains of the twig monsters away from them. “I agree wi’ the gnome. Let’s get gaein’ b’fore anythin’ else attacks us.”

Taking point again, Ivar headed into the ruins, cautiously keeping alert for danger.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action: Perception: 1D20+3 = [11]+3 = 14
Bonus Action:.
Reaction: Opportunity Attack
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration:
AC: 14
HP: 9/15 HD: 0/1 1d12+3
Rage: 2/2/LR
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
[/sblock]
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Mister Bubbles suppresses a shudder.

"Darn goblin trees," he says softly. "No wonder people avoid this place."

The half-orc moves wearily, his eyes scanning the environment for any threats while his hands hold his walking cane ready to strike at whatever leaps at him.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
The dark outline of a towering, massive structure suddenly appears out of the mist ahead. The castle appears badly ruined. There are gaping holes in the walls, and rubble lies strewn on the ground all around. The plaster on the outside walls is crumbling, and large patches of it are blackened as if by soot from a fire. Only empty holes remain where windows once covered the openings.

The dense fog obscures the castle's exact size, allowing you only a hint of its proportions. The walls disappear into the fog at a height of about 30', but they are probably much higher than that. On the ground, it appears to cover an area of at least 100'x50', but probably more.

The doors at the entrance to the castle are wide open, revealing a dark interior.
[sblock=Darkvision looking through the main doors]
The remains of two tall iron doors hang precariously from their hinges at the entrance to the castle. The metal has rusted through completely, leaving a brittle substance that seems ready to crumble at the slightest touch. A hallway is visible behind the doors. Its walls are blackened, as if by fire, although patches of a mural can be made out here and there. The arched ceiling above has partially collapsed, covering the floor with debris. Further down the hallway, two bronze doors that have turned green with corrosion over the centuries lean against the walls. A smaller, wooden door fills an opening in the west wall.
Past the bronze doors you see a large hallway full of debris.[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
LotM_GF_1.5.jpg[/sblock]

OOC: Same marching order, or have the rogue step up to the front?
If so WIS(Perception) check from Ryder, and Stonework INT(History) check from Ivar plz
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Mister Bubbles looks around the ruins and mutters, ”The powerful and corrupt all fall eventually. I hope they are gone from this place.”

He takes his place among his companions, same as before.
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

"Man cave breaking. Step light." Bilkar whispers.

Bilkar looks around. "See human prints?"

Bilkar peeks around those in front of him nervously.
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: WIS(Survival) if you wish to try and track through here. Although everyone is quite sure the group is on the right track.
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
Lee examines the dust/dirt in the foyer to see which way was most recently traveled, the double doors, or the door on the left.

OOC: Survival [roll0]
 

EarlyBird

Villager
OOC: Good roll.


Just inside the door there are no tracks leading to the side door. There are tracks of a booted human foot that is only a day or two old, that looks to have been followed by many clawed feet. Lee gets the image of Althon being chased in here by a bigger version of the baby basilisk the group met outside.

*crash* *roar*

A loud crash as if a table or bookcase or some other piece of large furniture has come crashing down, echoes from off the main hall and to the groups right. Followed by the roar of some horribly large beast, that is in terrible pain.

OOC: What do you do?
 

jmucchiello

Adventurer
"It looks like a single human rushed in here follow by a bigger basilisk about a day ago."

*crash* *ROAR*

"Could they still be fighting one another?" She asks as she rushes forward through the double doors easily reach the single door at the end of the map. She does not just look into the room, looking instead at the floor and slowly raising her eyes to make sure she looks away from a basilisk. Of course it's probably dark anyway.
 

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Instinctively Mister Bubbles turns towards the roar, cane up, then realizes that looking at a basilisk is not a smart thing to do and lowers his eyes to the floor. Focusing on his hearing instead, the half-orc attempts to make out what, exactly, is making the noise.

OOC: Perception [roll0]
 

Advertisement

Top