log in or register to remove this ad

 

5E One Shot #3: Lady of the Mist

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: Bilkar has a small basilisk skin, and head. He can "trade" them out (turn them into gp) after the adventure.
Advancing thread...


The path leads up to a pair of tall badly rusted iron gates set in a 10'-high stone wall. The gates are slightly ajar. On the ground in front of them lies yet another stone statue, this one of a man wearing armor, with a sword in his right hand and a shield strapped to his left arm. The emblem on it is unmistakably the insignia of the royal police of Thirsk. (also used by the secret police)

Remembering that Hanin said Althon left with two guardsman, this must be the second one. Looking past the gates, the mist seems thicker, but you can make out more leafless trees along with a fountain inside a walled courtyard.

[sblock=music]
[video=youtube_share;itMd1_nxfzc]https://youtu.be/itMd1_nxfzc[/video][/sblock]

Through the thick fog you can barely make out the skeletal features of dead trees and shrubs that fill the withered garden. The air is chilly and damp, and there is a dark feeling of lurking evil.

Suddenly you hear music from somewhere far ahead. It is a haunting tune that has you shivering while it plays.

As the song ends, the silence once again falls over the eerie garden. The mists continue to swirl slowly around you, and a feeling of dread fills you.

OOC: No game effect, just something to RP for the group.
 

log in or register to remove this ad

JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
Not feeling comfortable at all, especially after his brief mental encounter with his demonic patron, Mister Bubbles is not eager to move forward.

"That's the other guard, I think," he says, pointing out the obvious. "Althon must be inside."

Then he seems to make up his mind, and moves deliberately through the gates towards the courtyard.
 

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Isle of Mists
Dusk
Round 0

“‘Cause it ain’t creep enough…” Ivar muttered as the music started to play. “Somethin’s ‘ome.” He gave the petrified guard a look. “Poor bastard.”

After glancing at the others, Ivar followed Mr. Bubbles through the gates into the creepy garden. “Cannae see a damned thing in this fog,” he muttered.

Perception: 1D20+3 = [4]+3 = 7

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:.
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration:
AC: 14
HP: 15/15 HD: 0/1 1d12+3
Rage: 2/2/LR
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
[/sblock]
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

"Bilkar not like." He mutters as he follows the others through the gateway.
"Bilkar try to help Ivar see." BIlkar says as he wiggles his fingers ending in a pushing motion and a light breeze bushes the mist out causing motion in it. Bilkar looks carfully hoping that the mist will move around anything that is in it's way.

OOC: Druidcraft again. I know the breeze won't do much but maybe it's enough to give people advantage on perception checks?
Anyone that things it's a bad idea feel free to scold Bilkar.
Perception: [roll]1d20+2
If Advantage [roll0][/ooc]
 


EarlyBird

First Post
Bilkar's breeze swirls the strange thic mist for a moment before it once again covers nearly everything.

A path leads off from the gates through the dense thicket of dead bushes and shrubs ahead. Hacked-off branches litter the ground, though it's hard to tell how recently they were cut.

OOC: Intelligence(Nature) DC 14, check if you study the chopped up branches on the path.


The path leads into a clearing around a large founatin decorated with statues of dolphins surounded by angel-like figures, some of them riding the dolphins.

OOC: Wisdm(Perception) check DC [roll0]
 


EarlyBird

First Post
Picking up one of the branches Lee notices the "sap" is more blood-like than normal. And what she is holding looks more like an arm with seven fingers than a normal tree or shrub branch.
 


JustinCase

the magical equivalent to the number zero
A shiver runs down Mister Bubbles' spine as Lee compares the branch with an arm, although he tries not to show it.

"Trees don't have blood," he says with some conviction, then focuses on the fountain. "Angels riding dolphins? That sculptor must've been insane."

OOC: Perception: [roll0]
 

Greenmtn

Explorer
Bilkar Gnome Druid

OOC: Nature: [roll0] To investigate the tree arm


Bilkar glances at the tree arm, not recognizing it at all. He's distracted by the creepy dead feel of the area. Uncomfortable and wanting to get out of here.
"Lizard turn men to trees? Tree goblins? Not Treant. Too small. never allow such death. Pack should keep going. Bilkar not like this place."
 
Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Isle of Mists
Dusk
Round 0

Nature: 1D20 = [7] = 7
Perception: 1D20+3 = [3]+3 = 6

Ivar didn’t notice anything about the branches, and it was damn hard to see through this mist anyway. When Lee asked about blood sap and elbow trees, he stared at her with his beady black duergar eyes.

“Never ‘eard o’ such a thing,” he said. “The gnome is right. This place is creepy.”

He moved past the fountain.

[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:.
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration:
AC: 14
HP: 15/15 HD: 0/1 1d12+3
Rage: 2/2/LR
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
[/sblock]
 

EarlyBird

First Post
OOC: Bad rolls all around, sorry but looks like the group is surprised.


And suddenly the shrubs seem to come to life as greenish glowing eyes pop open around the group, and four walking sticks jump out to ambush everyone.


blights.jpg

The three foot tall beasts are fierce and their wooden fingers as sharp as daggers. Ryder gets a splinter in the back of his hand as he tries to fight off one, and Bilkar gets scratched across the cheek before he can even get his guard up.

Ivar advances in the front and is tackled by two of the creatures and although they fail to drag him down, both of the little bodies impact with the force of a well swung club.

[sblock=Combat]
INIT order:
Blights INIT [roll0]


Mr. Bubbles
AC: 14, HP 05/10, HD 0/1, SPELLS: 1/1, RE 0/1, goggles off
Lee
AC: 16, HP 09/10, HD: 0/1, goggles off
Ryder
AC: 15. HP: 07/10, HD 0/1, goggles off
Ivar
AC: 14 HP: 15/15, HD 0/1, Rages 2/2, goggles off
Bilkar
AC:15, HP: 15/15, HD 1/2, SPELLS: 2/0/0, Spirit Totem: 0/1, goggles off

Twig Blights: all AC:13
1)HP: 4/4 atk- Ryder [roll1], dmg [roll2]
2)HP: 4/4 atk- Bilkar [roll3], dmg [roll4]
3)HP: 4/4 atk- Ivar [roll5], dmg [roll6]
4)HP: 4/4 atk- Ivar [roll7], dmg [roll8]

Messed that all up.

atk- Ryder 1d20+3=15, dmg 1d4+1=2
atk- Bilkar1d20+3=16, dmg 1d4+1=2
atk- Ivar 1d20+3=17, dmg 1d4+1=3
atk- Ivar 1d20+3=19, dmg 1d4+1=3

[/sblock]
[sblock=Map]
TB_rd_1.jpg[/sblock]
 
Last edited:





jmucchiello

Adventurer
Lee rushes to help Ivar, attacking the creature attacking him with her staff. The creature snaps in half and she immediately slips around Ivar to attack the other creature. Her kick causes the creature's torso to emit a loud snap as it falls down, unmoving.

OOC: Attack blight #4 [roll0] damage [roll1]
bonus action unarmed strike [roll2] damage [roll3] EDIT: On TB3.
 
Last edited:


KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Isle of Mists
Dusk
Round 1

Initiative: 1D20+1 = [8]+1 = 9

Ivar growls as the twig creatures lash out at him, slicing through his skin. He staggers, but doesn’t go down, providing an anchor for Lee as she lashes out at them around him.

OOC: We tied on initiative.


[sblock=Actions]
Move:
Action:
Bonus Action:.
Reaction:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
Inspiration:
AC: 14
HP: 9/15 HD: 0/1 1d12+3
Rage: 2/2/LR
[/sblock]

[sblock=Notes]
[/sblock]
 

Halloween Horror For 5E

Advertisement2

Advertisement4

Top