D&D 5E One-Stop Stat Blocks for D&D 5th Edition

Frylock

Explorer
Fry -

I'm really glad you put the change Appendix in, as that makes it much more useful for running AL games, where you aren't allowed to play with the monsters that way.

Pretty sure the vast majority of your changes were improvements (I'm less sure on up'd damage output, simply because I play enough that I don't want it to hurt more).

Yeah, it was a great idea, and as you can see above, it wasn't mine.

As for the damage expressions, it all depends on how many min/maxers you have at your table. :) I see many at mine, so it makes sense to kick it up a notch.

Coredump

Explorer
Hey Frylock, very cool, and thanks for doing all of that work. (And it does seem like a lot.)

One minor and easy suggestion.... perhaps add a version number to the first or second page. That way folks will know if they have the latest version.

Thanks again.

Frylock

Explorer
One minor and easy suggestion.... perhaps add a version number to the first or second page. That way folks will know if they have the latest version.

Fair enough, but the version number will be a date-and-time stamp. :) I'll add it the next time I modify the document.

Frylock

Explorer
This looks really helpful. Was the sea hag left out intentionally?

The Sea Hag is outside the scope of the project. It's a one-stop stat block as written. That is, if you're running the Sea Hag, you don't have to thumb through any other book to find the hidden parts of that stat block.

As I've noted above (which you may not have read), my intention here is *not* to damage WotC's market to sell the Monster Manual. That would be a certain type of move that I'm not permitted to specify on ENWorld. I have no desire to damage WotC's bottom line. I'm simply fixing what I believe to be a design error by WotC, making the game much easier to run as the designers intended.

designbot

Explorer
The Sea Hag is outside the scope of the project. It's a one-stop stat block as written. That is, if you're running the Sea Hag, you don't have to thumb through any other book to find the hidden parts of that stat block.

You're right—I was thinking the sea hag had spells, but that's only when it's part of a coven. Makes sense. I really like what you've done here. If you're looking for something to tackle next, the monsters in Princes of he Apocalypse would be awesome.

Frylock

Explorer
You're right—I was thinking the sea hag had spells, but that's only when it's part of a coven. Makes sense. I really like what you've done here. If you're looking for something to tackle next, the monsters in Princes of he Apocalypse would be awesome.

Oh, damn. <-- let's see if that's replaced with smiley faces.

I knew about covens but didn't notice that when I made the hags. I'll add it as a side bar next to the Green Hag stat block.

I don't own Princes of the Apocalypse and don't plan to buy it, so I won't be able to convert those.

Frylock

Explorer

Okay, so I made the changes. I have covens and a date and time stamp.

Prickly

First Post
A big thank you Frylock

These stat blocks are exactly what I needed.
I've been DMing 5e since it came out and my only big annoyance about the system is that I have to look up spells for the monsters. 4e spoiled me I suppose.

Is there a reason you didnt include the spell casting variant of the vampire? I see you added the mind flayer variant.
I only ask as theses are the two big bads in my campaign.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases