D&D General One thing I hate about the Sorcerer

Yaarel

He Mage
There is almost nothing from FR in the PHB. Certainly nothing that suggests any exclusive relationship with the realms.
Everything in the Players Handbook IS the Forgotten Realms setting. The religions, the Human ethnicities, the places, the classes, the spells, the planes, and so on. The 5e Players Handbook updates the 5e version of Forgotten Realms.

James Gasik

We don't talk about Pun-Pun
Supporter
Everything in the Players Handbook IS the Forgotten Realms setting. The religions, the Human ethnicities, the places, the classes, the spells, the planes, and so on. The 5e Players Handbook updates the 5e version of Forgotten Realms.
Arguably the explanation of magic in the PHB, ie, "The Weave", which is a Forgotten Realms concept (I won't weigh in on whether or not it's now intended to be a universal D&D concept, lest we inadvertently rile up fans of other D&D settings).

EDIT: or heck, our sample of character creation is Bruenor Battlehammer (the art proves that this is so), and my goodness, is that Drizzt Do'Urden on page 21? It surely is, and there's a blurb about him a few pages later:

Drizzt.jpg

Yaarel

He Mage
Arguably the explanation of magic in the PHB, ie, "The Weave", which is a Forgotten Realms concept (I won't weigh in on whether or not it's now intended to be a universal D&D concept, lest we inadvertently rile up fans of other D&D settings).
The following is true for every official D&D setting.

Players Handbook (page 205):

"
The worlds within the D&D multiverse are magical places. All existence is suffused with magical power, and potential energy lies untapped in every rock, stream, and living creature, and even in the air itself. Raw magic is the stuff of creation, the mute and mindless will of existence, permeating every bit of matter and present in every manifestation of energy throughout the multiverse."

"

Forgotten Realms calls this suffusive "magical energy" the Weave, but exists in every D&D setting.

That said, later 5e products have mentioned the Psionic power source, in addition to Arcane and Divine. Primal is defacto a power source for Druid and Barbarian.

Fair enough. 5e has changed the game in yet another way I don't care for, destroying the concept of a mundane PC and ruining the ability to reasonably play any number of inspirations from fantasy.

You win.
Micah's body slowly falls. Blood blossoms from a wound dealt shoulder to hip by the lashing words of @Chaosmancer. It was always Micah's desire to die in battle, before his body even hit the ground. And so it was.

And so it was.

Yaarel

He Mage
EDIT: or heck, our sample of character creation is Bruenor Battlehammer (the art proves that this is so), and my goodness, is that Drizzt Do'Urden on page 21? It surely is, and there's a blurb about him a few pages later:

View attachment 358934
And the Players Handbook mentions that Bruenor "grew up in the remote villages of Icewind Dale" − a region of the default setting, Forgotten Realms.

Remove ads