Online Character Builder is LIVE!

S

Sunseeker

Quick question. Is the downloadable version still available to long time subscribers? My OS died over the weekend (stupid vista) so I need to reinstall it.

No. Though the page was still there as of this morning, as soon as the online CB went live, the page was replaced with the one we see currently.

Dragonhelm

Knight of Solamnia
No, I could not get it to become a pdf.

I tried it with Adobe, and Adobe didn't like the idea of making a PDF. Tried again using Cute PDF, and success!

Other than that, I've experienced the same problems as others. The errors seem to have gone down during the day.

pjrake

Explorer
Me too. Printed page 1, no problem. Then tried printing page 2 on the back and instead it printed page 3 (the equipment and character details). I wanted the Feats and Features.

-PJ

RigaMortus2

First Post
I can't figure out how to view a lower level version of my character. If I make a level 10 Monk, I can't find an option to see what he looks like at a lower level, like I can with the old CB. Anyone know how to do this?

Also, why can't I find Themes for a Homebrew Campaign? I assumed if it was Homebrew, it would open up all available options. Isn't there any way to make an Essentials build, using Eberron rules and a Dark Sun theme? I would figure that is the point of selecting Homebrew, but can't find where to get the Dark Sun theme...

Caerin

First Post
I can't figure out how to view a lower level version of my character. If I make a level 10 Monk, I can't find an option to see what he looks like at a lower level, like I can with the old CB. Anyone know how to do this?

Also, why can't I find Themes for a Homebrew Campaign? I assumed if it was Homebrew, it would open up all available options. Isn't there any way to make an Essentials build, using Eberron rules and a Dark Sun theme? I would figure that is the point of selecting Homebrew, but can't find where to get the Dark Sun theme...

It won't let you lower a character's level unless you change the XP, I believe- then you can either raise or lower the character to the level matching the XP. I read that at least one of the XP levels was off in some fashion, but I haven't seen that yet.

Homebrew and that type of mixing isn't currently supported. Right now only Dark Sun characters can use themes.

Edit: AsmodeusLore's list of errors is a pretty good place to check if you're seeing unexpected behavior.

BobTheNob

First Post
I feel totally vindicated in my choice to discontinue my subscription to DDI. Bye, WotC. You have successfully fired me and my group as customers and we will happily play Pathfinder with Hero Lab forever more.
Bye

Now, there was a weirdness with the CB. If I create an "essentials" character, it plays along as if essentials only (odd, its like it "marks" the character as essentials only).

If I set my campaign as darksun, I can choose themes.

Is there a way the two can combine (i.e. an essentials dark sun character), and I mean apart from creating a Dark sun character and selecting a Essentials build.

Scribble

First Post
Is there a way the two can combine (i.e. an essentials dark sun character), and I mean apart from creating a Dark sun character and selecting a Essentials build.

You mean by making a quick essentials character with Darksun stuff? Doesn't seem to be... Quick Essentials seems to be literally a quick essentials only character.

Obryn

Hero
This is, so far, unsatisfactory.

While the interface is okay-ish, and certainly attractive, it doesn't allow any jumping around whatsoever. It's faster than I had expected, though.

I've tried to put in two characters from my Dark Sun game, and have had issues with both of them. First off, not implementing inherent bonuses is pretty crappy. Second, while I figured out you can allow for extra stat points, it'd be nice to have that implemented more smoothly. On the easiest character of all, I even had a bug - it's adding damage bonuses for Spear Expertise on all attacks.

It's vastly inferior to the old builder so far. Right now, it's not worth my continued subscription.

-O

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases