Online Compendium & CB updated!

Ferghis

First Post
Just what the title says (up to Dragon 405). I wasn't expecting the update (perhaps out of ignorance), but I just noticed it. This is good news to online gamers. It also includes all the updated dual-class expertise feats from Dragon 402.

Last edited:

Mengu

First Post
It also includes all the updated dual-class expertise feats from Dragon 402.

Whoo! Finally. What has it been, 6 months to clean this stuff up?

And:

Devout Protector Expertise said:
In addition, while you use a shield, your allies gain a +1 shield bonus to AC.

They don't even have to be adjacent to me or anything. "Hey guys, if you didn't have a shield bonus, you now have a +1 AC because my paladin is on the field!"

Ferghis

First Post
They don't even have to be adjacent to me or anything. "Hey guys, if you didn't have a shield bonus, you now have a +1 AC because my paladin is on the field!"
On the field? As long as some ally, somewhere in the campaign, has the feat and a shield, so does the party. And that's the *UPDATED* version of the article.

I'm assuming the word "adjacent" will find its way into that particular feat soon.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
On the field? As long as some ally, somewhere in the campaign, has the feat and a shield, so does the party. And that's the *UPDATED* version of the article.

I'm assuming the word "adjacent" will find its way into that particular feat soon.

That's been out for months, if they were going to update it, i think they would have already.

While it's much more realistic to be adjacent, my guess is that was lower than the power level they were going for.

Enaloindir

First Post
Well, they didn't do a proper job. For example, Implement Expertise (Holy Symbol) properly scales at levels 11 and 21, but Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade) is still stuck at 15/25. :(

Ferghis

First Post
... Weapon Expertise (Heavy Blade) is still stuck at 15/25. :(
That's a deprecated feat, superceded by Heavy Blade Expertise, which is better in every possible way. All the Weapon Expertise feats are obsolete, and have corresponding [Blank] Expertise feats that were intended to replace them. Sadly, the old feats are still in the compendium, but there's no reason to update them anymore.

An extensive list of deprecated feats has been compiled and posted here: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-discussion/298920-obsolete-feats-2.html#post5418251

Mengu

First Post
That's a deprecated feat, superceded by Heavy Blade Expertise, which is better in every possible way.

Well, technically Versatile Expertise supersedes it. Heavy Blade Expertise does not do the same thing because it only applies to weapon attacks. For instance a swordmage does not gain benefits of Heavy Blade Expertise to their implement attacks. Thanks to Dragon 402, there are a few more options, like swordmages get White Lotus Dueling Expertise, though that too fails if you multiclass or hybrid invoker or some other non-arcane implement user, and you have to default back to Versatile Expertise. Fortunately, Versatile Expertise has been correctly updated.

Ferghis

First Post
Well, technically Versatile Expertise supersedes it. Heavy Blade Expertise does not do the same thing because it only applies to weapon attacks.
But so does Weapon Expertise (italics added):
Benefit: Choose a weapon group. You gain a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls with any weapon power you use with a weapon from that group.

Remove ads