OOC: Adventure Path - Shackled City

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Krago o'the Mountain said:
In fact, I do have a question.....

How did you arrive at the number of skill points you gave Marcus? I'm just asking, because it appears to be a lot more than e-tools wants to give him.

And, as I understand it, Ghaeles look like elves when in their humanoid forms.

Thanks,
Krago
Outsiders get 8 + Int mod skill points

Lord_Raven88 said:
Outsiders get 8 + Int mod skill points

You know, the more I look at the possibility of having a Ghaele PC in the group, I just think he might be too overpowered, as he progresses in levels.

If you have another idea in mind, Lord_Raven88, I think I'd like to see it, instead.

Thanks!
Krago

Lord_Raven88

First Post
Krago o'the Mountain said:
You know, the more I look at the possibility of having a Ghaele PC in the group, I just think he might be too overpowered, as he progresses in levels.

If you have another idea in mind, Lord_Raven88, I think I'd like to see it, instead.

Thanks!
Krago
Ghaeles can be powerful, but you have to remember that their abilities a spread of 20 levels, also since they only have 10 HD (Which is spread over the 20 levels), it will mean that compared to the other characters he'd have lower HP (80 Max + Con which is the same as a Wizard), Saves (+7/+7/+7 compared to +12/+6/+6), BAB (+10 same as a Wizard) skill points(104 max + Int which is less than the Rangers and Rogues), less ability advancements (2 instead of 5), fewer feats (4 instead of 7), also since they have no armour prof. it's vital to use the 1st level feat for added protection, especially since they have no ability adjustment at 1st level.

So all in all, I would have thought that a Ghaele would be differcult to play until they reach higher levels, where some of there special abilities would allow them to survive a bit longer.

Anyway, since you mind is made up your mind I'll go back to my original idea of a human Cleric of St Cuthbert :(

I'll post him later on today.

Guys, I think I'm going to go ahead and take Jdvn1's favored soul, Dowlee Meriweather. I really think this character will fit in well with the other party members. Congrats, Jdvn1!

Thanks to Jarval and Lord_Raven88 for your submissions as well, they were also very good.

@Jdvn1, we need to work out a storyline for how Dowdee can be introduced to the other party members.

A very basic idea would be that she arrived in Cauldron at the behest of Ehlonna (not a stretch for a Favored Soul to think that she might inwardly hear the voice of her patron goddess), possibly even directing her specifically to the church of St. Cuthbert. Jenya Urikas, sensing the divine potential in this unusual halfling, feels that she, too, would be a help in solving the mystery of the vanished children, and sends her to join up with the other PCs. The clerics could direct her to the Drunken Morkoth Inn, and from there Maia could direct her to Ghelve's Locks (since the characters have not been secretive about their destinations, and indeed, had to ask for directions). So, Dowlee could just come upon them at Ghelve's, and we could pick it up from there.

This is just a basic concept, as I said. I'm open to any other ideas you may have as well.

Last edited:

Jdvn1 -

Before moving Dowlee over to the Rogue's Gallery thread, there are a couple of issues.

First, I don't think Dowlee is proficient with the longbow, so that's going to create a penalty to her ability to use it (she certainly won't have a +5 attack with it).

Second, I think the ability mods on both Heal and Jump skills are wrong. Also, there are penalties to Jump that you didn't list....specifically, -1 for armor, -6 for movement of 20'.

Let me know how you want to revise Dowlee's sheet.

Thanks,
Krago

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Woo! :D I've been wanting to play a Favored Soul.

Dowlee is proficient with her deity's favored weapon, which I thought was the longbow. I asked a friend who told me Ehlonna's favored weapon was the longbow, but maybe I got mixed up?

Oh, forgot about the penalties to skills. Thanks.

I'll have to spend more time on the intro after class. :uhoh:

Jdvn1 said:
Woo! :D I've been wanting to play a Favored Soul.

Dowlee is proficient with her deity's favored weapon, which I thought was the longbow. I asked a friend who told me Ehlonna's favored weapon was the longbow, but maybe I got mixed up?

Oh, forgot about the penalties to skills. Thanks.

I'll have to spend more time on the intro after class. :uhoh:

No, you're right, Ehlonna's favored weapon is the longbow. It's e-tools that was mixed up. :)

However, I still see only a +4 attack with the longbow, not +5. Where's the extra point come from?

Thanks,
Krago

Remove ads