OOC - [d20 Cthulhu - Fathers]

dscrank

First Post
Dagon

I've done a bit more real-life research on Dagon. It turns out that my initial impression was correct, and the Philistines imported him from Babylonia. He wasn't really an important figure in the Babylonian pantheon, so Shane can be forgiven for forgetting him in the shock of the moment, but he'll kick himself once he realizes this. The name is Semitic, probably Babylonian, but I'm not entirely certain. It's the diminutive of "Dag," meaning fish, so it could be translated as "little fish," although "dear fish" would probably be better.

Cool, a Babylonian connection for my character.

Valkys

First Post
I now have every post on my hard drive.
I hate this, that we can only post in the evenings, so, as I posted on the back-up boards, I think we're moving to playbyweb.com

I don't think this is going to be quickly resolved, but maybe it will be. I have visions of the weekends being spent entirely on the backup boards without evenings here. Give me your thoughts. Hopefully before lunch tomorrow when we will likely end up back in the limbo of the back up boards.

Thoughts and suggestions are welcome.

From what i understand the server is only crashing during the day on weekdays. It was said that weekends shouldn't be a problem, as it wasn't last time this type of problem occured.

The backup boards are a pain, but at least the pop ups are gone. I'd be willing to move where ever entill the problems get worked out here, but i'd prefure that if we do move it's only temporary.

Valkys

First Post
I would prefer to stay here now that we are posting here.

But this up and down thing with the boards is not conducive to playing the game.

Of course temporary could be three days, three weeks, or three months... if the problem isn't fixed. I just want the game to continue smoothly and for everyone to be able to post regularly without a hassle.

Tay-Dor

First Post
Yay...an hour or so later...finished my character. Our GM should have a copy, and I posted it in the rogues gallery.

I'll start playing now. :)

Valkys

First Post
Okay, I created a board at playbyweb.com
We're under Cthulhu and the title is Name of the Fathers...
You create a character in your account and then ask to join the board. It isn't terribly complicated IMO. Anyway, see you all there.

http://playbyweb.com/horror1.php?_b=2951

So many people, so many tastes. In the end, I'd prefer these boards. They weren't down as long today. If everyone, or maybe if just enough people, jump ship, then it won't be so bad.

Anyway, for the nonce, I've made my preference known and created a new board.

Remove ads