OOC - [d20 Cthulhu - Fathers]

dscrank

First Post
The biggest problem with that feat tree is that you only gain feats every three levels. As far as I know, CoC doesn't have any classes with extra feats, like Armsman. If you filled out that feat tree, you wouldn't have any feats left.

dscrank

First Post
As for the no damage or insanity thing: from a player's perspective it's great. Spells being what they are in CoC, though, I think they should have some price. Maybe take half damage and insanity, or let us overcome the penalties for some of the milder spells but others do damage regardless.

Valkys

First Post
I might consider Improved Psychokinesis:
Prereq: Cha: 16+, Psychokinesis
Benefit: You can exert a pressure of up to 50 lbs. at a range of up to 30 ft. This means that you can move an object of up to 50 lbs, as though lifting, moving it at a rate of 5 ft. per round. It also means you can puch buttons, pull levers, and prod things from afar. Objects weighing less than 50 lbs. can be moved faster as and do damage as follows:
50 lbs 5 ft. dmg 0
25 lbs 10 ft. dmg 1d2
10 lbs 20 ft dmg 1d3
5 lbs 30 ft. dmg 1d4
1=< lb 50 ft. dmg 1d4
Action: This power requires a full-round action to activate.
Cost: 1d8 Sanity and 1 Wisdom damage for each successful use; 1 Sanity point for each failed attempt. Every minute of continuous use after the first round coasts an additional 1 Sanity point and 1 point of temporary Wisdom damage.

And Pyrokinesis might be available later as well. Not sure yet. Cups of tea are one thing; throwing around automobiles is out of the question.

And the Link didn't work for me, by the way.

You should probably lose some Sanity points regardless, I suppose. How about if you save, you lose 1 Sanity point.

Valkys

First Post
Maybe it's just my browser, but I'm still not getting anything...?

And I know the game is starting out a little slow for some of you, Ash, Tay, and Osis, but since you three have actual businesses, I wanted you to get to know them a little better.

I like it when characters have lives. That way, you'll work harder to keep them, and it isn't just keeping score. And since I know none of you are like that from the WoT thread, this gives me a chance to gauge your characters a little more than just a background will give me.

Just offering a little in the way of explanation for the curious.

I don't get the link problem, you can also find the link in d20 games, oh well just trying to help with your conundrum.

As far as things being slow to start, it's no biggy i'm really enjoying the over all story so far and as soon as Tay-Dor gets his book and gets up to speed i'll get goin on things myself.:D

Tay-Dor

First Post
hehehe...I'm all for setting up our nice normal lives so that the horror we'll have to endure is a stark contrast. :)

no book yet...grumble grumble. But I'll start workin' on the background and stuff.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Valkys said:
And I know the game is starting out a little slow for some of you, Ash, Tay, and Osis, but since you three have actual businesses, I wanted you to get to know them a little better.

Just offering a little in the way of explanation for the curious.

None needed. I'm enjoying a little time to develop my character. Your doing great Valkys. :cool:

Valkys

First Post
Hmm. I just realized I've been making everyone's savings throws and such. I thought I should inform you. Since we're doing it in Dave's game, I figured no one would mind.

And does anyone have an opinion about a back-up board/plan? If the boards continue to be up and down, it may be necessary to go elsewhere. But I'm hoping this is a temporary thing.

Last edited:

Remove ads