OOC - [d20 Cthulhu - Fathers]

Valkys

First Post
Shalimar Shiawase said:

from your descriptions I feel I have met the motherly woman.

Woohoo!! Goal 1 accomplished. You're supposed to like some of these NPCs. It's called motivation.

And I feel really good now, since I now know that my descriptions got across what was important about her.

Valkys

First Post
Oh! If anyone dies or is otherwise incapacitated, I have a heap of NPCs that can become PCs in a pinch. Shalimar has dibs on whichever of her roomies she wants, Cynthia excluded. LOL.

But I don't like them, they are all too tough and unladylike. I have to survive, and I will. I have mittens and she wont let anything happen to me :D she is Hastur you know.

Valkys

First Post
LOL. Vanessa is very Lady-like. Maybe even more than Sharrel. And they're still your friends, just a bit... different than you. It's all about diversity. :p

And dscrank: I've never been to fond of the remorseless bit either. I'm throwing in humour when I can. Not in huge bundles, but this Cthulhu campaign has room for that.

Does anyone object?

Last edited:

Tay-Dor

First Post
Geeze...start the game before I'm even half-done with my character. gah... :)

oh well..I won't be posting til my character is done. I should get the rule book tomorrow..err..later today (Tuesday). I don't feel comfortable participating until I get a sence of my character's personality...which hasn't come together yet.

Tay-Dor

First Post
Read the game thread so far. Looks interesting :)

Tho it would sure be a lot easier on my eyes if the text wasn't colored. The red is fine, but the blue is almost impossible to read.

man...I gotta get my character done so I can play. :)

Valkys

First Post
So, I'm considering the following House Rule with regards to psychic abilities:

If you get a natural 20, or beat the DC by 10 or more, you don't take ability damage or lose sanity.

I'm consider something similar for spells, probably a spellcraft check(to give the skill more usefulness), with the same rules, and the DC based on the range of the spell. Self: DC 15, 30ft DC 20, etc. And I think it makes sense, as the higher level you are, the more power you're messing with, hence range increases as does the DC.

Thoughts and Feedback?

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
That sounds good to me.

The only real problems I've seen is the extremely limited use of psychokinesis.

5 lbs. isn't much at all. Maybe another feat that increases it to 25lbs.?

Maybe an entire feat chain is needed.

Improved Psychokinesis: Requirements: Psychokinesis
Effect: Can lift 50 lbs. (Increased Sanity cost)

Pyrokinesis: Requirements: Psychokinesis, Imp. Psychokinesis
Effect: Same as the Combust spell. (Or whatever it is called.)

Cryokinesis: Requirements: Psychokinesis, Imp. Psychokinesis
Effect: Reverse of the Combust spell. (Or whatever it is called.)

Greater Psychokinesis: Requirements: Psychokinesis, Improved Psychokinesis
Effect: Can lift 200 lbs. (Increased Sanity cost)

Psychokinetic Construct: Requirements: Psychokinesis, Improved Psychokinesis
Effect: Can created objects of pure psychokinetic force.

True Psychokinesis: Requirements: Psychokinesis, Improved Psychokinesis, Greater Psychokinesis
Effect: Can lift 1000 lbs. (Increased Sanity cost)

Master Psychokinesis: Requirements: Psychokinesis, Improved Psychokinesis, Greater Psychokinesis, True Psychokinesis
Effect: Can lift 5000 lbs. (Increased Sanity cost; ALOT!)

If you increase the Sanity cost, they will be on par with some of the spells and have about the same cost.

Last edited:

Remove ads