[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Neil1889

First Post
OK, tried something different as an interrupt, hopefully with minimal hassle to jbear.

Rain appeared in the bush to kill Zuri's twiggy attacker and missed Soryth as part of her conventional actions. Zuri is still standing.

Rain's movement has not been spent, but she'll be able to use it re-occupy the bush.

Checked the original rolls and Rain would have taken 4 damage. Rain and Sir Flib could still attack each other as they did.

Last edited:

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
[MENTION=14889]Mewness[/MENTION]

How *do* you feel about what I propose to do? Sir Flib is kind of banged up, but this is our best shot of doing damage at the moment. Certainly my best shot; I can either throw a dagger and need a 14 to hit and get 1d4+3 damage, or I can have you charge, where you will need an 11, and if you hit, not only are you doing about triple the damage, you, Rain, and (if it matters) the hapless NPC all gain 4hp or can teleport a square.

My other option is to Second Wind, which is... bland.

Mewness

First Post
Unicorn charge is OK by me. I mean, the only other option is for Sir F to spend the entire rest of the fight hiding from Soryth, which doesn't seem practical. Owing to hexblade weirdness, he can't even use healing potions really (his hands are always full). May as well try to damage her as much as possible before he goes down.

jbear

First Post
[MENTION=14889]Mewness[/MENTION]

Not sure what wierdness that is concerning hexblades, but not one that you have to worry about with me. You can eaasily drop your blade to one hand drink a potion, and resume a 2 handed grip (If you are using it 2 handed).

Sir Flib can also drop back and use his RBA vs Soryth as another option if you want to try and keep him standing as long as possible. (If he remains standing after Rain's delusion and Soryth's turn)

Mewness

First Post
The weirdness is that he has to hold his implement in one hand in order to generate his sword in the other, and the sword goes away if he drops either it or the implement. He also needs to shrink the sword because he's a pixie, and Shrink is an encounter power.

But I'm fine with the charge. Delude away =)

jbear

First Post
Hehe, yeah, a good tactic. I would say that either Soryth is dead or you are defeated before it really matters though (but I could be wrong).

Re: Why Cape did not negate attack

An Immediate Interrupt would have negated the attack as you posted. That would have meant it goes off before the attack hits.

But the Cape of the Mountebank power is an Immediate Reaction. That means it goes off after the power hits. So Rain was struck, (damage is taken, effects applied as it is part of being struck), and then the Reaction triggers afterwards, allowing Rain to teleport away.

I hope that clarifies why the power was unable to negate Soryth's attack. Your character sheet entry for the Cape's power is to my knowledge incorrect as written as an Interrupt and not a Reaction.

Last edited:

Neil1889

First Post
Missed and failed Rain's save, so in real terms she's not 6, but on 1 hit point. Anyone killing anything would be a bonus from my pov.

Remove ads