• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OOC for Arador's LotR Game

garyh

First Post
Re: Sorry

arador359 said:

Sorry, I had a couple of "real life" things crop up that have delayed my getting the 1st game post up.

Everyone should have received mail from me by now with their pre game setup info. If you haven't, please reply to this post with a good email address in case I had the wrong one. I'll open the game thread shortly and post a link here.

Also, if you have questions or comments about the pre game stuff, please respond in email: arador359@hotmail.com.

Thanks!

I have not gotten Belegon's info. Can you try gary*AT*michris.com? Thanks!

arador359

First Post
Re: Re: Sorry

garyh said:

I have not gotten Belegon's info. Can you try gary*AT*michris.com? Thanks!

I'll give that a shot.

By the way, I forgot to check with you. Did you go up the Greenway to Amon Sul or east of the Misty mountains to cross at a pass. Depending on how you went, it may affect the pre-game setup I've already written up.

garyh

First Post
Re: Re: Re: Sorry

arador359 said:

I'll give that a shot.

By the way, I forgot to check with you. Did you go up the Greenway to Amon Sul or east of the Misty mountains to cross at a pass. Depending on how you went, it may affect the pre-game setup I've already written up.

Through the Gap of Rohan, up through Eriador, did Belegon go.

arador359

First Post
OK, Here what I need everyone to do. Go to http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37364 and post for the rest of the group the actions you take upon arriving at the Camp Site. Please post in order of your arrival (see Below) so others have a chance to react to your actions if necessary. by the way, notice the time at which yuo arrive. This may be different than what I put in your individual information. The time shown here is correct. I realized I was using some incorrect data before. Let me know if this doesn't make sense.

Thanks

Order of arrival (by user name)/ time
Rangerjohn/ Day before 1 yule
inez hull/ morning of 1 yule
darth ecks/ midday of 1 yule
colonelhardisson/ afternoon of 1 yule
doug justice/ Morning of 2 yule
garyh/ midday of 2 yule
Daiymo/ midday of 2 yule

Last edited:

Mirth

Explorer
"It has been too long since I have been among men and hobbit-folk," Sirandir thought to himself as he left his boat on the shore of the River Mitheithel and prepared to make his way west on the Great East Road. Looking back, he contemplated the fast flowing water he loved so dearly, "Life truly is like a river and being among men is like traversing the rapids, their pace is so quick and their energy boundless."

Bemused, the silvan elf continued his metaphor in his mind, "It is so much different here than back home in the land of dream, which is more like a slow, meandering stream. Time passes so slowly for the galadhrim that sometimes it is hard for us to remember the speed with which it passes for mortals." Laughing to himself, Sirandir's mouth broke into a wide grin, "Of course, in comparison, my time spent in Fangorn with the Onodrim was like a pool of rainwater, undisturbed except for slight changes in the weather."

A few days later, Amon Sul finally came into view, bringing with it a flood of memories for the long-lived Sirandir - the Witch-King - young Araphor, the boy king - an extended visit at Imladris cut short so that he could ride out with Glorfindel and do bloody battle at the royal city of Fornost. "How sad to see the Tower now, a broken reminder of its former glory."

It was then that Galadriel's request came back to him, and her vision of the figure in green mail on the Weathertop. Of course, he could not refuse her but he was somewhat reluctant to leave Lorien in these times of strife. However, her reasoning for choosing him was sound and truthfully he had been restless to travel the watery byways of Middle-earth once again as he had done so often in the past.

Taking a long breath, Sirandir did a final check of his bow and quiver, gave a quick search of the horizon and picked up the pace as he headed toward Amon Sul and the ascent to the top.

----------------

Sirandir = sir (river) + randir (wanderer)

How Sirandir traveled to Amon Sul -
River Celebrant (Silverlode) to Kheled-zaram (Mirrormere), up Dimrill Stair and across Redhorn Pass, down to River Sirannon to River Glanduin, through Nin-in-Eilph (Swanfleet) to River Mitheithel (Hoarwell) to the Last Bridge then across to Amon Sul on the Great East Road that crosses Eriador (Lone-lands).

Sorry this took so long to come together, but I hope that it's enough to work with. Let me know what to do from here :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads