• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Of Sound Mind

Zhure

First Post
Due to a change in my available time, I'm going to have to drop from the game for the forseeable future. Please feel free to use Gholog as an NPC or however you will. I used to be able to visit EN World once a day, now it's more like once a week.

I hope this doesn't mess up any plotlines and I enjoyed the game immensely.
Greg

Other Guy

First Post
Sorry to lose you, Greg. I hope to see you have more free time eventually, otherwise we’ll be missing you. :-(

Also, I’m going to be away for about three weeks starting June 29. Sorry for the short notice on it. I may be able to access a computer, but there’s a good chance I won’t be able to. Feel free to use Jason as an NPC as well during that time. Again, sorry. I look forward to posting when I get back, though again I won’t actually be gone for another week and a half.

Jarval

Explorer
Zhure said:
Due to a change in my available time, I'm going to have to drop from the game for the forseeable future. Please feel free to use Gholog as an NPC or however you will. I used to be able to visit EN World once a day, now it's more like once a week.

Greg
Hey Greg, sorry to hear you're going to have to drop out :( You've been something of a permanent fixture in the Playing the Game forum since pretty much Day One, and it won't be quite the same without you around.

If/when you have time to play again, there'll be a place waiting for you in a game of mine :)

Other Guy said:
Also, I’m going to be away for about three weeks starting June 29. Sorry for the short notice on it. I may be able to access a computer, but there’s a good chance I won’t be able to. Feel free to use Jason as an NPC as well during that time. Again, sorry. I look forward to posting when I get back, though again I won’t actually be gone for another week and a half.
Other Guy, no problem. The Of Sound Mind adventure is almost at a conclusion, and if things go reasonably swiftly, we might be able to finish the module up before you leave. If not, I'll NPC Jason until you get back.

Anyway, I've updated the IC thread, so we're back up and running. I'd like to thank you all again for bearing with me, and I'll try to avoid any future gaps in posting :)

Zhure said:

Greg

Sorry to see you go. I hope you get to come back somewere down the line, untill then take it easy! :)

Jarval

Explorer
OK, we're almost at the end of the Of Sound Mind adventure now. If no-one's got anything they want to do in Bellhold, I'll write and post a wrap up for the adventure, and we can go onto whatever we're going to do next. OTOH, if people want to go back to the mountain and investigate further, then that's still doable as well.

Speaking of which, what do people want to do next? Given that we're down to just three players (with only Gnomeworks having posted in the last two weeks), we're going to need to recruit a new player or two (or three...).

There are a few possibilities I've been debating on where we go next:

1) We just carry on from where we are, leveling everyone up with the experience gained from this adventure and you moving onto another adventure. Adding new players in shouldn't be a problem, as your reputation in Bellhold is very high. You're likely to be flooded with offers from the local youth to join the party.

2) Same characters, different time. We shift the game world forward by a year or so, and assume your characters have been busy during that time. This would take everyone up to about 6th level, and give plenty of opportunity to have logically recruited other PCs along the way.

3) New game. If no-one wants to carry on with the characters we've got (or you all just want to try something new) we can start up a new game. I'm open to suggestions as to what it could be, as well as having some ideas of my own.

Anyway, let me know what you want to do. I've had a lot of fun DMing Of Sound Mind, and I'll be more than happy to run another adventure/game for you all :)

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Hmm... yes, we seem to have lost quite a few players along the way...

I'll say that I'm up for any of those options. I know that doesn't really help ;)...

I like Seraphina, though I admit that she isn't one of the most well-made characters I've played. If the others are interested in continuing with these characters, I think I'd like to, as well.

As for what to do... I think we're pretty much done with OSM. So far as I can tell, the mountain didn't really have anything to do with what else was happening... perhaps there was something, but I don't recall any connection. I think we can move on, though if we want to carry on from Bellhold or skip ahead in time, I don't know.

I think were pretty well done with OSM too.

As for were to go from here, i'm all for doing a little recruiting and carring on, and while Kerrick isn't exactly the most fleshed out character i've made, i have grown attached to him, and would like to see what he evolves into. I have no inclination either way toward wether we go on uninterrupted or jump ahead in time some. I think both have pro's and con's, but niether is better then the other.

Also, i assume that either way we'll be converting to the revised psionics system?

Jarval

Explorer
OK, we'll carry on from OSM then (I'm quite pleased that you want to stick with the characters we've got, as I'm quite fond of them too). I'm going to go for the jump forwards option, taking everyone forwards to 6th level, and yes, we'll be using the revised psionics system with one or two small changes.

I'll also be recruiting enough players to take us back up to a party of six, but I'll be offering slots to people I know to be reliable posters before I start a general recruitment thread.

There's going to be a bit of a gap before I start things up again, as I've got two assignments due in on the 2nd and 4th of August that I've got to put some time into. I want to make a good shot of the restart and recruitment, so I'd rather not try to squeeze it into the rather packed next week or so. This will also give some time for Other Guy to make his return if he's going to.

Just one quick question: Do either of you two buy Dungeon magazine? There are a few adventures from it I'd like to give a shot, but it'd be better if I pick something either of you haven't already played in or run :)

Remove ads