• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Of Sound Mind

I"m going to be out of town until tuesday night sometime, but i'll have time to look at books and mull over what i want to do level wise with Kerrick. At any rate i'm sure i'll be set before we get a full group and are ready to go again.

oh, and did you decide to stick with int for everything on a psion, or were you going to house rule it to the difert abilities like in 3.0?

Jarval

Explorer
Sir Osis of Liver said:
oh, and did you decide to stick with int for everything on a psion, or were you going to house rule it to the difert abilities like in 3.0?
I'm still debating over this one. I can see good points to both making the change or sticking with the status quo. Which would you prefer?

Jarval

Explorer
Here are the bloodline rules from UA, along with the celestial and fey bloodlines.

Attachments

• Unearthed Arcana - Celestial and Fey bloodlines.doc
    43.5 KB · Views: 94

Jarval

Explorer
It's going to be tomorrow (Sunday) before I get any background information up. I'm also putting a map together to go with it.

Jarval

Explorer
The actual setting information is taking longer to write up than I'd expected, but here's the map. It's not finished (you'll doubtless notice a few unnamed cites and features), but it'll give you an idea of the layout of things.

BTW, I'm intending to start the next adventure in Ciela.

Attachments

• Bismarian Empire.jpg
    Bismarian Empire.jpg
    179.5 KB · Views: 60

Jarval

Explorer
First chunk of the setting info:

The Bizmarian Empire:

Stretching from the icy lands of the north to the southern coast, the Bizmarian Empire runs the length of the eastern coast of the continent.

Bizmar:

Bizmar is a bustling, sprawling metropolis, and the Imperial capital. There's been a settlement on this site for over two thousand years, and remnants of several previous cities are included in the architecture of Bizmar.

One of the aspects of an older city that has survived intact is a network of gates linking Bizmar with the elemental planes and several of the outer planes. This gives it a steady flow of exotic extra-planar goods (and the occasional extra-planar problem...) which puts it in a uniquely strong position for trade.

The Duchy of Anvar:

The Anvar Duchy is a small mountainous area to on the northern edge of the Empire. It's a fairly rustic area, with news traveling slowly and new technology even slower. The region's economy is based mainly on agriculture and mining, with a great deal of the Empire's metals coming from this area.

The Anvar Duchy is currently ruled over by Duke Gregor Anvar, one of only a few to have studied both the magical and psionic arts. Due to his influence, the area has become something of a haven for the often persecuted Kureshim. The area has most of the common races, although few orcs and gnomes live within this area. Goblins are also a rare sight, and tend to be feared by the locals, due to the proximity of the boarder with Velesturia, a goblin kingdom to the north-west.

The regional capital is Whister, a small city surrounded by thick walls, a reminder of the wars fought with Velesturia a century before.

Other Guy

First Post
Hey. I'll be away for about a week while I move. Sorry, but on the bright side it should be the last time in a while that I'm gone for an extended period of time and it's not during actual play-time, :). I'll post when I get back.

Jarval

Explorer
Sir Osis of Liver said:
I"d rather not mess with my stats, but i'll go with what you decide.
Fair enough :) We'll go with each discipline having it's own manifesting stat, ala 3.0. But note that this will be the sole manifesting stat used, so avoiding the multi-ability dependance problem that occurred at higher levels.

Other Guy said:
Hey. I'll be away for about a week while I move. Sorry, but on the bright side it should be the last time in a while that I'm gone for an extended period of time and it's not during actual play-time, :). I'll post when I get back.
Not to worry :) Hope your move goes well.

More background material coming tomorrow. I'm spending the rest of this evening catching up on threads from before the hurricane hit... :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads