• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

(OOC) Planescape: Intrigue

Okay. In that case yeah my character will aid your character on a Persuasion check. Not sure how we'd write that out in-character though.
I"m not sure what happened to my last post: I'm going to question the guy's loyalty to his Master and let him know that taking initiative is a quality leaders reward.

Nordom

Explorer
Either/or is fine. Remember that your DM cares more about what you’re writing and how you’re writing it, as opposed to how high a particular bonus is - particularly when it comes to persuasion.

Li Shenron

Legend
Difficult choices...

Despite her current CE tendency, Grim is not particularly greedy. As a matter of fact, she wouldn't mind departing from even a hefty share of her gp to move on from this location, least because she would be getting it back from somewhere else with robbery should the need arise. But she certainly ain't trusting the hound a bit after his threats just minutes ago.

She is clearly more likely to side with the voice of reason but saving a town of demonic inhabitants is very low on her priority list. Not to mention that pleads to "restore order" just gives her the rash instantly. The voice of reason, up to this point the most welcome in Grim's mind, couldn't have picked a worse expression to win her into action :D

So as reluctant as it feels, Grim would be more likely to follow Jach, at least because she feels some affinity and curiosity towards another mage (Grim is not exactly a mage, but as an Arcane Trickster she considers herself a dabbler or beginner).

But OOC, not a good idea to split the party :) I can wait to see other's opinions and sync a bit.

Out of Character thinking (using In Character Reasoning):

The only reason Orris doesn't want to go with Jach is because Jach's a bit too bossy and Orris hasn't yet found a way to make use of him. Jach is pretty likely to throw us under a bus, at this point, IMO. I'd rather wait for Jach to need us before we help him. His confidence might help him boss his way to getting himself out of here or it might get him in trouble. I'm kind of waiting for the latter. (which, to be fair, could backfire but Jach doesn't exactly seem like a team player anyways)

My goal from the beginning has been to find someone to give us info on what's been happening and who the major players are so I'm inclined to go with Garrik, even for a little bit to learn more. He may be useful in other ways a bit down the road.

Thoughts?

PS:
I'll wait for someone else to post. My next post was going to be "lead the way" but I don't want to hog the narrative.

Last edited:

Remove ads