[OOC] Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden [closed for now]

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Hey @Quickleaf,

Could Aric ritual cast speak with animals on the sled? If so, he would have done it repeatedly during the trek, to encourage the dogs and generally converse with them. He would also have cast it ritually before heading to the kennels.
Finally, if he could have done the ritual on the sled, then I’ll assume that he has an active cast upon their arrival, to speak with “Boy”, if ok.
I’ll wait for your answer before posting.
Thanks and cheers,

SG

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
QL: Does Corse also get the benefit of Rustic Hospitality? I had thought that's what we discussed, that everyone just loved having her stay with them.

Quickleaf

Legend
Hey @Quickleaf,

Could Aric ritual cast speak with animals on the sled? If so, he would have done it repeatedly during the trek, to encourage the dogs and generally converse with them. He would also have cast it ritually before heading to the kennels.
Finally, if he could have done the ritual on the sled, then I’ll assume that he has an active cast upon their arrival, to speak with “Boy”, if ok.
I’ll wait for your answer before posting.
Thanks and cheers,

SG
So, I really like the flavor of this, however I see allowing all ritual casting during travel as potentially problematic. For example: "I just keep casting Tenser's floating disk to bypass my carrying limits", "I cast phantom steed while riding my phantom steed", etc.

I haven't had the time to analyze all ramifications, but if you're OK with a quick GM ruling of "yes, in this case, and let's come back to it later", then yes!

Just as long as this IS NOT interpreted as a blanket "yes ritual casting is universally ok while on a dog sled", then yes I'm ok with ritual casting speak with animals on the sled. Because I need to give it a closer look.

QL: Does Corse also get the benefit of Rustic Hospitality? I had thought that's what we discussed, that everyone just loved having her stay with them.
Yes! Sorry, that was my mistake. I'll edit.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
So, I really like the flavor of this, however I see allowing all ritual casting during travel as potentially problematic. For example: "I just keep casting Tenser's floating disk to bypass my carrying limits", "I cast phantom steed while riding my phantom steed", etc.

I haven't had the time to analyze all ramifications, but if you're OK with a quick GM ruling of "yes, in this case, and let's come back to it later", then yes!

Just as long as this IS NOT interpreted as a blanket "yes ritual casting is universally ok while on a dog sled", then yes I'm ok with ritual casting speak with animals on the sled. Because I need to give it a closer look.
I’m absolutely fine with this and hear what you are saying. Speak with Animals is such a weak and circumstantial spell that it won’t really impact anything (heck, imho, it should have been an at will Druid ability or maybe a cantrip, or folded into druidcraft to have a cantrip that makes sense - maybe that’s the path we should take).
Regardless, I’ll assume this is a one off ok, to be reevaluated in the future.
Cheers,

SG

Quickleaf

Legend
Question about posting rate for anyone who wants to sound off: I'm trying not to overwhelm us with too many posts, cause with our big group that could easily happen. Do you prefer that I answer questions as they arise (e.g. post to answer Kobold Stew and Steve Gorak's questions) or do you prefer I give it time and consolidate my responses to a bunch of players in one post?

I'm good either way, just want to make sure I'm striking a good balance between giving you enough info & keeping the posting rate manageable.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Question about posting rate for anyone who wants to sound off: I'm trying not to overwhelm us with too many posts, cause with our big group that could easily happen. Do you prefer that I answer questions as they arise (e.g. post to answer Kobold Stew and Steve Gorak's questions) or do you prefer I give it time and consolidate my responses to a bunch of players in one post?

I'm good either way, just want to make sure I'm striking a good balance between giving you enough info & keeping the posting rate manageable.
My 2 cents: ooc, I say you answer individually, this way players know what to do/what to plan/ what to expect quickly. IC, I say consolidate, this way we know where we are time wise, and there is no confusion regarding the timeline.
Cheers,
SG

Quickleaf

Legend
@Steve Gorak How do you want your speak with animals to sound to onlookers? Do you make dog sounds when talking to dogs? Or do you speak in your normal language (Common, Goblin, whatever) and the animal magically understands?

Remove ads