• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Quickleaf's Rime of the Frostmaiden [closed for now]

tglassy

Adventurer
I’m sorry, guys, I’m out. There are so many posts between when I can look at the thread, and the posts are so long, I have no idea what’s going on. These games are usually a lot slower with a lot fewer people, and I don’t have a computer, desktop OR laptop, anymore.

Mac’s gonna to sulk for his losses the night before, and imma sign out. Y’all have fun, though.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
@Steve Gorak How do you want your speak with animals to sound to onlookers? Do you make dog sounds when talking to dogs? Or do you speak in your normal language (Common, Goblin, whatever) and the animal magically understands?
Hey @Quickleaf, let’s go with normal speech from Aric, that the animals magically understand because of the spell, and he understands their animal noises.

If it had been an at-will ability, I would have tended to say that he would have made animal noises, but since it’s a spell/ritual, I think this fits better with the rules as intended. I’d venture that Aric could use any language he knows for this, so there’s the option of using Druidic or Goblin to avoid prying ears. Fair enough?
Cheers,

SG

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I’m sorry, guys, I’m out. There are so many posts between when I can look at the thread, and the posts are so long, I have no idea what’s going on. These games are usually a lot slower with a lot fewer people, and I don’t have a computer, desktop OR laptop, anymore.

Mac’s gonna to sulk for his losses the night before, and imma sign out. Y’all have fun, though.
Sorry to see you go and catch you in another game!
Cheers,

SG

Quickleaf

Legend

Sorry to see you go, but I completely understand. It's definitely playing faster. And I'm probably overly verbose which doesn't help. Hah.

Mak will be missed! But he may be the only one who survives... (kidding, kidding).

happylace

Explorer

Sorry to hear! Totally understandable though. It can get super overwhelming. Take care, it was fun playing!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
@Quickleaf you asked about the speed. In general, I don't mind the speed, but take into consideration that skills like Survival and Nature can get advantage when multiple characters have the skill.

In this case, I was sleeping while y'all were talking - Lumrolur works as occasional guide and would support knowledge about The Cairn (Survival).

In addition, he would consider the stories people tell about the cairn
neurotic: D20 + 4#lumrolurfolklore → 14(10 + 4)#Lumrolur Folklore

Also, I'm back at work physically, and my work network is blocking coyotecode. This roller is an alternative if that is acceptable. If not, I'll roll on the mobile...

Quickleaf

Legend
@Quickleaf you asked about the speed. In general, I don't mind the speed, but take into consideration that skills like Survival and Nature can get advantage when multiple characters have the skill.
Yeah, helping may be tricky in PbP. I'll try to keep in mind when I ask for a check if there are possibly spots to Help. I'll probably make a bit more use of group checks too. It won't catch everything - but it might smooth over some of the bumps.

In this case, I was sleeping while y'all were talking - Lumrolur works as occasional guide and would support knowledge about The Cairn (Survival).

In addition, he would consider the stories people tell about the cairn
neurotic: D20 + 4#lumrolurfolklore → 14(10 + 4)#Lumrolur Folklore
For your Folklore roll, I'll give you one truth, one lie, and one mixed truth/lie about the cairn... it's for you to suss out which is which...
  • The dwarves of Dwarven Valley have sacred forges at the foot of Kelvin's Cairn, but when they catch intruders or inferior craftsmen the sacrifice them to Tempos by casting them into the chasm at the mountain peak.
  • A white feathered roc nests atop Kelvin's Cairn, and it flies almost invisibly during blizzards.
  • Remnants of an old base camp used by the Companions of the Hall (Drizzt and friends) are still within Kelvin's Cairn amidst caverns that once held verbeeg raiders.

Also, I'm back at work physically, and my work network is blocking coyotecode. This roller is an alternative if that is acceptable. If not, I'll roll on the mobile...
Yep, that's absolutely fine!

Honestly, I'm the kind of GM who is fine with honor system rolls online (I've run online for folks who prefer physical dice), but since we know each other to varying degrees (I've played IRL with one or two players, over Discord with a couple players, in past PbP with a few players, and some players are completely new to me), I didn't want to risk any feelings of favoritism or fudging.

Quickleaf

Legend
@domminniti If you're just picking up some fire brandy "off screen", it's 5 gp. Same thing if it's something simple like some hempen rope, you can just use the PHB price.

If a few of you want to get other supplies or see what's available to buy, you can choose which shop you want to hit up: Graendel’s Fine Dwarven Craft (armor & weapons), Triglio (general store) or Pendro's Pawnshop.

Remove ads