(OOC) & (Recruitment) The Steel Trade

tglassy

Adventurer

tglassy

Adventurer
(OOC) & (Recruitment) The Steel Trade

Do racial bonuses apply? Or does that matter?

Also, let me look at the other characters first. I don't want to step on any toes. If this is as RP heavy as I think, I'd want a character with a little more depth than I usually do.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

tglassy

Adventurer
In layman's terms, what is possible with magic? Or is it up to the imagination? Because I keep coming back to a magic user, similar to a wizard, who is trying to discover the secrets of magic and how to use it in an effort to advance society, sort of like the old philosophers, mathematicians and physicists of ancient times. Only he works with magic instead of the natural laws of physics.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
In layman's terms, what is possible with magic?...
Despite the hidden nature of "magic" in the world, it is the key element that separates PCs from everyone else. Statistically in world development, about 10% of the populace can sense and manipulate way. Of course, PCs always fall into that 10%.

To me there is more consistence with the progression of the outcome of manipulating way (using magic) in my system than with the arbitrary set of spells. The overall declaration of action will feel the same, though. To use fire as an example, basically a beginner must touch a target an the target heats unnaturally causing physical damage. As skill increases this progresses to range to area effect to selective targeting.

Look here Paranormal Tasks for more explanation.

Sheldon, the main NPC I run to help the players, is like a D&D Monk / Sorcerer. Merin, one of the PCs, is basically a straight wizard. Bolo is like a Druid / Archer. All PCs can "use magic". Sannit, who is more of a straight fighter, does not perform paranormal tasks, he mostly uses his skill to augment his fighting.

You will find that playing a wizard type character will not cause a deficiency in health or combat prowess in such a significant manner as with D&D. Just because a character is more proficient in paranormal arts does not declare the character to be physically frail. The main differences in function are just becoming evident with the existing characters as they are at the point where they are beginning to differentiate.

Last edited:

Remove ads