(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I actually think Escella is already too close to the action. She should have been in that back line of folks. All of her stuff is ranged.

She can move behind the rocks as everyone moves out. The elves are not gonna stay back once the fighting starts. If she were any further back she'd be standing with he back to a 30 foot cliff. Or she'd be down it where she can't do anything.

Edit to add: The rocky overhang (cave-like but doesn't go back far) is dimly lit the only reason it's hard to see into (aside from your spell covering the opening) is because it is off the road far enough to be concealed by layers of brush. Through the brush you could spot the orcs near the entrance but not further in.

Last edited:

gargoyleking

Adventurer
@Khaless Nestor

You should get get sneak attack if for no other reason than Fitz said ranged attacks can have advantage.
(As in, roll again and try for a crit.)

Isn't moving while blind half speed? How did the ogre get through the 30ish feet of darkness in one turn when it started on the other side of the darkness?

Why is Orc3 listed as being at N8?

FitzTheRuke

Legend
1) Isn't moving while blind half speed?
2) How did the ogre get through the 30ish feet of darkness in one turn when it started on the other side of the darkness?
3) Why is Orc3 listed as being at N8?

1) Not that I've ever heard of. "Blinded: A blinded creature can't see and automatically fails any ability check that requires sight. Attack rolls against the creature have advantage, and the creature's attack rolls have disadvantage."
2) By walking. But she's not out of your darkness. She's in it. There's a reason you can't see an ogre on the map. She's in the darkness bubble.
3) By the simple fact that I failed to update that one's position (it's W22). It started at N8. I knew I'd miss somethng.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Versionitis.

I was expecting an Escella spoiler block. It didn't occur to me that the ogre wasn't on the map.

I trusted that the other players would read that only she could see it, but the Icon for the Ogre is literally layered under the layer of your spell effect. It amused me. I could just as easily have put it on top. She'll almost certainly stomp forward next round anyway. Feel free to warn everyone. (EDIT: I see that you did.)

Remove ads