(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So she got hit by an arrow with total cover? Nevermind. She'll stay where she is on the map.

I've been trying to accommodate your wishes. As far as I can tell, you were trying to get two opposing things: Line of sight to the Ogre for your chaos bolt, and total cover. I chose to go with the former, which is why I placed her at S25, but if you really want to be at S21, I'm not going to argue. It's just not that important. She has "total cover" from the fighting on the ground when she's behind the rock, but not from the archer who's 30 feet up a cliff. She has +5 AC against him, and he hit a 22. If you'd like to shoot back at the archer, that's fine. Either way, she can take up Tommi's position at the crevice (that works like an arrow loop) and have a pretty good range of line-of-sight, so it's all good.

I'm not arguing. I'm saying leave it as is. But (okay I'm still discussing I guess) she could have fired the Chaos Bolt at the ogre and then moved to R21. But that's not what happened and retconning isn't worth it.

Since the darkness is dispelled it doesn't matter.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I am traveling tomorrow with unknown net access upon arrival. I may be less active for the next ten days.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
So... It should come as no surprise to you all that I'm struggling to keep up with my games. Part of it is low-pandemic morale (1), and part of it is work (2). I don't want to quit, though. I'll try to get the current combat wrapped up, and then I think we'll have to take a break from at least one of the games for now.

As @gargoyleking, @Kobold Stew, @KahlessNestor, and @Neurotic play both my current games, I welcome your input in particular when it comes to "which game" we should keep, but everyone's input will be considered, of course.

Here are our options:

1) Continue with Scourge of Daggerford and put Fitz's Folly on haitus. (@Prickly Pear can jump over)
2) Continue with Fitz's Folly & put Scourge on hold. (@jmucchiello & @MetaVoid can move over)
3) Put 'em both on hold and either: a) Run Dracolich3: Tomb of Deridius or b) play any other 5e game you folks are interested in trying (I have all the books, plus other stuff).
4) Take a break and come back to it in a few months.

I'm happy with any of those choices. The reason I put 3-b in there is on the off-chance that something new will kick me into gear to get those creative juices flowing. (It's got a good chance of doing that!)

Let me know what you think.

Fitz!

Notes:

(1) My part of the world is doing okay pandemic-wise, but I'm personally not - I was sick in March, and I have struggled with the after-effects of that illness for six months. Testing wasn't available at the time for those who hadn't travelled, but it's very possible I had covid. I've never had anything like it, and I've never taken six months to recover from something before. Before you worry - I'm not bad - I just can't shake lingering symptoms (basically a mild sore throat and terrible post-nasal drip, and a bit of chest-wheeze, all of which changes in severity day-by-day and week-to-week. Every time I feel like I'm getting better I get worse again. It's not stopping my daily activities, so it could be worse, but it IS affecting my overall morale.

(2) As most of you know, I own a comic and game store. Now, obviously, we have lost quite a bit of money this spring by being shut down, but that wasn't the worst thing - DC Comics' distribution changes have been worse -essentially doubling my work-load for less money. Combine that with things like the Theros book being online for months before it was out in print (so it hasn't sold well) and other struggles in the industry - long and the short is, while we are doing well (all things considered), I'm working much harder to keep things going. Believe it or not, I'm not actually complaining - things are better than I would expect, when you take all the troubles into account. Essentially it means that my hard work is paying off, it's just not ending any time soon.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
That's weird. What's up with Theros? I thought WOTC policy was that stores got a 2 week jump on Amazon, plus a special cover. Was it the pandemic?

Anyway, my preference would be for keep Scourge, have Fitz go on hiatus, since Angis was my creation, while I simply picked up Dellrak from the original player. I wouldn't be averse to a new game and new character, though. Always more to try.

Hope things smooth out for you! I get what you're going through a little. I might have had a brush with COVID right before Easter, but it was just a bad cough over one weekend (never coughed like that before), but no other symptoms (though Nosey Nellies at work forced me home for a week, missing out on Easter holiday pay. Grrr). And I've had a random, occasional cough since, with a touch of shortness of breath. Nothing that stops me from doing anything, of course. Just an annoyance (and don't want to be heard coughing again, even if it's because I aspirated my drink or something, because everyone is way too paranoid).

Sorry for the rant there. Get well, and hope things straighten out.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
I answered in the other thread, but just wanted to say that starting new game would be my last choice...except stopping fully ofcourse

FitzTheRuke

Legend
That's weird. What's up with Theros? I thought WOTC policy was that stores got a 2 week jump on Amazon, plus a special cover. Was it the pandemic?

Yeah, the books are printed in China so they got held up during the lockdowns. WotC put them out digitally (on Beyond, Roll20, etc) on the original release but print copies came 2 months late. By that time, even I had already read it.

On top of that, without live games on the store, many D&D players have just not come in to the store at all. Maybe they will pick it up eventually, but usually most our sales are week-old release.

Another problem was that we were never able to reduce our order (placed pre-pandemic).

.... And I've had a random, occasional cough since, with a touch of shortness of breath. Nothing that stops me from doing anything, of course. Just an annoyance (and don't want to be heard coughing again, even if it's because I aspirated my drink or something, because everyone is way too paranoid).

Yeah that's been tough too... for awhile there every time K had a symptom "flare-up" I was forced to isolate - until it became a near-certainty that I am not currently contagious. I missed a lot of work that I am still catching up on. Of course, working retail, there are a ton of extra steps to everything now, and whole new hoops we need to jump through just to do any business at all. (At least people are buying board games and supporting local businesses!)

Remove ads