(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Bear climbs with his claws, in this case, he doesn't have any purchase for his lower (back) legs in a force wall.
Also, top is only 1/4 inch thick, easier for hands to grasp, but not necessarily paws with claws

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I get your reasoning but I think that if ANYTHING could climb it, a bear could - they're amazing climbers. Still, like I said, I don't think the bear would feel a need to. He's blocked from his target and he's not being driven on by his "handler" (ATM), and he's got a hot collar that's painful enough (even with the shaman-type taking half the pain) that he'll probably want to get rid of that. (Also, the wall's invisible, so the bear wouldn't know that it's "only" 10-feet up. I can't imagine why he would even try reaching up to the top unless he could tell where it was and wanted to go over it.)

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Just curious, but what kind of bears are you talking about? I know black bears are adept climbers, but I don't think grizzlies and larger (Kodiaks, polar bears) are that good (too big). And if this is a cave bear, I would think the same thing. I've been told it's good to run up a tree from a grizzly, but not a black bear.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Just curious, but what kind of bears are you talking about? I know black bears are adept climbers, but I don't think grizzlies and larger (Kodiaks, polar bears) are that good (too big). And if this is a cave bear, I would think the same thing. I've been told it's good to run up a tree from a grizzly, but not a black bear.

You do have a point there. The bears that I am used to (saw one the other day while walking the dog) are Black Bears, and they would hop over a 10-foot-fence (invisible or not) in no time at all if there was food on the other side. I suppose I assumed that the only barrier to climbing for bigger bears was whether or not the thing they were climbing could support their weight. (Something an indestructible magical wall ought to do).

At any rate, it doesn't matter - I don't think the bear would WANT to climb the wall, so even if it could do it, it's not going to without being cajoled into doing it. (And all the orcs are a bit busy at the moment.)

Remove ads