(OOC) Scourge of Daggerford (Full)

I would like additional info about the gateway

Namely, is there a chance to stab through some iron grate from reach? Or once they break through the gate we are in melee?

On that depends my setup (shield + melee vs reach wpn)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I would like additional info about the gateway

Namely, is there a chance to stab through some iron grate from reach? Or once they break through the gate we are in melee?

On that depends my setup (shield + melee vs reach wpn)

If it looks like they will make it through the door, which they probably will, you can move back behind the portcullis.

As far as rolling ahead goes, I don't like it much. I mean, I get the idea, and I'm fine with it if you want to do it but remember two things: 1) Orcs have a bonus action dash; 2) D&D combat is extremely unpredictable. (Or in other words, I have no idea how many attacks will be appropriate). We shall see.

Crap, I forgot about the bless:

Bless: 1D4 = [1] = 1
1D4 = [2] = 2
1D4 = [4] = 4
1D4 = [3] = 3
1D4 = [2] = 2
1D4 = [3] = 3

Eldritch Blast 2/r: 1D20+8 = [16]+8 = 24+1
1D10+3 = [8]+3 = 11
1D20+8 = [18]+8 = 26+2
1D10+3 = [2]+3 = 5

2 hits, 16 dmg

1D20+8 = [12]+8 = 20+4
1D10+3 = [8]+3 = 11
1D20+8 = [10]+8 = 18+3
1D10+3 = [3]+3 = 6

2 hits, 17 dmg

1D20+8 = [1]+8 = 9+2
1D10+3 = [5]+3 = 8
1D20+8 = [6]+8 = 14+3
1D10+3 = [7]+3 = 10

2 hits, 18 dmg

Total dmg 51, softened him up at least.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Seeing as the rules tend to indicate that you have to find a new location to hide after you've been seen, I'll assume that if you don't reveal yourself, then the same hide roll can stand. I guess we can think of the roll as how good the hiding spot is (based on your skill at finding the best place to hide, and doing the best job of tucking yourself in there).

In this case the orcs should theoretically know that someone went over there somewhere, but not exactly where, without making a successful search check (which takes an action) to roll perception against your stealth check (dc20 for Tommi, dc14 to spot ORB5). Only the one orc archer seems to be bothering to look. The rest are rather fixed on getting to the manor house.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
S'Okay. I'm only barely holding it together myself. We're at a point where everything is going to be slow. I'm fine with that, as long as it doesn't stop totally. I'd really like to bring this game all the way to its end (which is still quite a ways away, but we are, I think, at about the three-quarter mark, depending on how it goes.)

Prickly Pear

Adventurer
@FitzTheRuke, yes, I will have a go again.
I am really sorry that I dropped off for a while. I have come back at times to read though the new developments but I did never have enough time to put some posts together. But now I will.
Btw, Lionel has his own light crossbow, so he will switch over to that one.

Remove ads