• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Star Wars: The Fall of Eraydia

Pbartender

First Post
dpdx said:
Okay, I'm going over characters for the first time, and it seems:

Denny's over by a point on abilities; by my math, 14 14 12 14 13 10 (the abilities before racial mods) adds up to 29.

Oops... typo. Fixed.

dpdx said:
6 months after the Battle of Geonosis would make it after Episode II, even, so you're OK.

And, sorry, yes, you're ALL working on the Sanctuary.

[edit: also, this ship, like many of its type, has no weapons. you may slot yourselves into co-pilot, sensors, comms, engineering, and passenger supervision positions.]

Hrm...

I'll have to think about that. Outside of gunnery, Denny isn't incredibly useful on a starship.

~~

Ok... I've changed Denny slightly to make him a little more useful aboard a ship. I dropped his Cha by 2 (I can't see anyone listening to his pedantic ramblings for very long) and raised his Wis by 2. I moved his ranks in Craft (blasters) into Treat Injury (sometimes he's just not quick enough with the blaster, or he sits a little too close to those explosives), and split his Climb ranks between astrogate, computer use, pilot and repair (he's just beginning to learn the rudimentary skills of a space hand).

If it's alright with you his primary job aboard ship will be that of ship's security... Ever since that fiasco at Naboo, every Federation diplomatic vessel has been assigned a "Marine" for security purposes. After that, he can step in as the medical assistant for the ship's doctor, or just a general spacehand, assisting anyone who needs a hand.

He orignally hired on temporarily to pay for his fare home, but is beginning to enjoy the life of a spacer, and may stick around for a while.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Wow, Pbartender, you didn't have to do all that...

That goes for all of you, incidentally. You do not have to tailor your stats, or your background, for shipboard duty. (Not all of the adventure takes place in space.)

I will find you a job on that ship. These are desperate times for the Republic, so you may find yourself qualified for something even if you're not exactly qualified, know what I mean?

DonAdam

Explorer
Can I assume that they would need at least one medic on the ship? I put myself with Tarsk because I assumed that they wouldn't need a medic on Alderaan, but I figure one would fit in on a Republic ship.

Pbartender

First Post
dpdx said:
Wow, Pbartender, you didn't have to do all that...

That goes for all of you, incidentally. You do not have to tailor your stats, or your background, for shipboard duty. (Not all of the adventure takes place in space.)

It's quite alright... Don't worry about it. He was built for a completely different game, remember. I was going to adjust his stats anyway, and the skills he lost were by no means essential to his character.

dpdx said:
I will find you a job on that ship. These are desperate times for the Republic, so you may find yourself qualified for something even if you're not exactly qualified, know what I mean?

Precisely my reason behind putting a single rank into each of the "spacer" skills. He's certainly no expert, but he knows just enough to be useful, should they need him to help out.

dpdx

Explorer
DonAdam said:
Can I assume that they would need at least one medic on the ship? I put myself with Tarsk because I assumed that they wouldn't need a medic on Alderaan, but I figure one would fit in on a Republic ship.

A medic would be fine. We've got all the NPCs we need, though, so Tarsk will not be boarding. Jedi Masters are needed for more important tasks surrounding this conflict, so Ka will definitely find himself to be not the only Padawan who has been sent on a mission without his Master...

eoghanbt

First Post
My character, At last

Name: Tilon Wa-Hael Race: Human
Class: Jedi Guardian Wounds: 13 Vitality: 11
Force Points: 2

Attributes:
STR 10 DEX 14
CON 13 INT 12
WIS 14 CHA 13

Feats
Force Sensitive Control Dodge Deflect (Defense +1) High Culture
Saves <aggregated>
Will +3 Ref +4 Fort +3

Skills
Battlemind 1 Force Defence 1 Force Stealth 2
Heal Self 2 Enhance Ability 3 Empathy 1 Profession (Entertainer) 2
Climb 2 Jump 2 Tumble 2 Pilot 1 Computer Use 1 Balance 3

Defensive Bonus (aggregated) +5/+6 vs dodge opponent.

Equipment
Lightsaber
Hold-out blaster
All-temperature Cloak
Liquid Cable Dispenser
Glow Rod
Comlink
Blunt-tipped knives (Performance Prop)
Credit Chip
325 credits

Background
Tilon Wa-Hael has led a somewhat schizophrenic life. Born into a relatively prosperous Correllian trading clan, he demonstrated an almost preternatural aptitude for gymnastics and acrobatics. He was apprenticed at the age of seven to a prestigious School for performers. During a visit to Coruscant, his blind-folded highwire knife throwing act was seen as obvious indications of talent with the Force by a group of Jedi Masters in the audience; Tilon enrolled at the Jedi Temple and continued a slightly different course of study. He had difficulty concentrating and taking his studies seriously, but did manage to exhibit enough raw talent to inspire hope that he will eventually develop the seriousness and gravity required of a Jedi Knight.
Now 19, he has spent just a year as the Padewan learner of Master Las Zal-Hen, another Corellion, tho' of somewhat more advanced age and experience. As part of his training, Tilon has been dispatched to deliver a message to an old friend of Master Zal-Hen.

Last edited:

dpdx

Explorer
Okay, while Tilon adds the last couple of things to his equipment list, I'll get the IC thread started!

We'll continue to chat most OOC/metagame stuff here, but if it's brief, just encase it in [OOC brackets], and you can post it with your IC post.

We're going to have some fun! Thanks for helping me with my first go!

dpdx,

I know I still need a background for Kerraccor but as I've just returned from a cookout and have had a few beers, I'm pretty tired right now. I'm off to bed but I will get a background up sometime tomorrow.

Toric

dpdx

Explorer
E'an: If the board is denying you the ability to edit your posts, just post again with the remaining stuff.

Toric: That's fine, just add your background later.

Everyone: I've added the IC thread in Playing the Game. Remember to check the "Email Notification" on your first post so you can subscribe.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads