• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] The Protectors of Greensfen

pathfinderq1

First Post
I would be interested in getting in on this as well. I have done very little 4e gaming so far, and I'd be keen on seeing some more of it in action. I have several possible ideas- presented below in "pitch" form. Let me know if any of them seem interesting and/or compatible enough and I will stat them up (with the exception of number 3, which will have to wait until I pick up PHB 2).

Option 1: Kraegyn of Kord, dragonborn Paladin (MC Warlord)- avenging paladin of Kord; Kraegyn grew up on a small homestead outside of Greensfen- his parents were retired mercenaries who retired to a life of farming. Inspired by their stories, Kraegyn always wanted to take up adventuring, but the duties of he farm seemed neverending. Luckily, though, he had no talent for farming, and his parents finally packed him off to a monastery of Kord. He has only recently completed his latest mission for the church, and has returned home after receiving a letter from his parents. Of course, by the time he got back to town, his parents' farm was deserted- he does not know if they perished from the blight, or simply fled. Either way, as a paladin of Kord, this is a challenge he cannot turn down.

Option 2: Maeve Brightfeather, eladrin tactical Warlord/MC Wizard(or Swordmage/MC Warlord); Maeve is a young mercenary, responding to the letter from the mayor. She would have been in town some time ago, but her small band ran into disater on the road- she was the only survivor. The daughter of scholars from (large city name?), she grew up dreaming of adventure and excitement- of which her parents greatly disapproved. She studied the arcane arts for a time, but just enough to placate her parents- most of her time was spent learning stories and tactics from anyone with the time to talk to her. Now she has seen some of the hazards and travails of the adventuring life, all those things her parents warned her about- but she still loves the freedom and excitement.

Option 3: Johan Trollborn, goliath Warden (as I don't have DDI, I'll need to wait until I get PHB 2 to stat this out); Johan was born in the mountains, part of an isolated tribe who cared little for the outside world. Johan followed his parents into the Warden's role, working as a guardian to protect the tribe's territory from harm. He would have been content to stay in those remote peaks, but the tribal leaders have heard rumors of the blight, and the portents of their oracles demanded that those rumors be investigated. Johan was chosen from the tribe's ranks to journey to Greensfen in search of the truth- what he has seen on that journey has been deeply troubling to him, and he has decided to help, if he can. Some of his desire is based on an empathy for those hardworking villagers, and the trials that have been inflicted upon them, but the unnatural blight also angers him, since he has been brought up to respect and protect nature.

Last edited:

nerdytenor

First Post
I will be accepting submissions until Thursday, March 19, 11:26 AM Pacific time, and the game will be on hold until then. I want to give people who are dying to play PHBII classes/races at least a little time before they post their character concepts.

Cheers!
- nt

pathfinderq1

First Post
So, I've got PHB 2- very interesting to say the least. At this point I can stat up any of my three possible concepts, but I don't have the time to stat up all three at once. Is it okay to just pitch background/concepts? Or does one of the concepts look interesting enough for me to focus on?

Concept summaries (more info in my earlier post):
1. Dragonborn (avenging) Paladin of Kord, MC Warlord
2. Eladrin (tactical) Warlord, MC Swordmage (or Swordmage, MC Warlord)- same basic background for both versions.
3. Goliath (earth) Warden

Obviously, if you need a Leader, I could focus on the Eladrin, but if someone else earns the Leader slot, any of them could work- all have at least some healing.

nerdytenor

First Post
Yeah, I got my PHB II today, too. Lots of fun stuff in there. :):):)

I'd focus on the character that sounds the most fun to play from your perspective. I will not require complete character sheets by the deadline - race+class+build+background should be sufficient (which you already have - all concepts look good to me).

covaithe

Explorer
As the guy playing the rogue, I'm all about the tactical warlord, naturally. ;) But as long as we get a leader out of this somehow, I'll be happy. The one fight we had where our leader was elsewhere was... not good.

Rathan

First Post
ok just to remind you all I did stat up a pretty nice warlord when nerdy first started asking for other players... :) though having two warlords to heal and beat things about the head and neck WOULD be nice heh....

SeaPainter

First Post
Alrighty, I hate to add more competition to this, but I just need more cowbell... I mean, I need to get more pbp gaming in. Due to a shortage of RL players in Guam, this is the only way for me to get my gaming fix.

This post is mostly to subscribe, and declare interest. I'm volunteering at a tax center, and don't have my laptop (with its lovely character generator)... also (to be quite honest) it always hurts for me to put love & life into a potential character, who doesn't get picked for the team.

Anyway, I've been itchin to play a dwarf lately... but I may also want to go with one of the new PHB2 races. Also thinking of playing either a druid (controller/defender), or a warden. I'd try a B.M. Ranger, but you seem to have plenty of strikers... although if a second leader is what you crave, then the shaman might be just as good as a B.M.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads