OoC Thread - Strife in Sokara - A solo game for Brother Shatterstone

Jarval

Explorer
Brother Shatterstone said:
Is that Mage: The Awakening? If so cool! I've actually expanded past d20 and have a WoD game on another board I admin on. :)
It is indeed :) I've not read a huge amount of it yet, but it's a beautifully produced book. The pictures of the cover on-line really don't do the book justice in reality. *Grin* Being an occasional graphic designer, I appreciate nicely-done books.

Oh, one quick thing, I'll be away for the weekend (running a demo of Mage, followed by a housewarming party, followed the next day by running my regular table-top Eberron campaign). Probably no posts from me from Friday night until Sunday night/Monday morning.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Jarval said:
It is indeed :) I've not read a huge amount of it yet, but it's a beautifully produced book. The pictures of the cover on-line really don't do the book justice in reality. *Grin* Being an occasional graphic designer, I appreciate nicely-done books.

That seems to be a rather common occurince with the WW products, or at least their WoD books, as I have Wereworlf, Vampire, and WoD and they all look great! :D

Oh, one quick thing, I'll be away for the weekend (running a demo of Mage, followed by a housewarming party, followed the next day by running my regular table-top Eberron campaign). Probably no posts from me from Friday night until Sunday night/Monday morning.[/QUOTE]
That’s fine. :D Sounds like you have a busy but productive weekend. :D

Jarval

Explorer
That seems to be a rather common occurince with the WW products, or at least their WoD books, as I have Wereworlf, Vampire, and WoD and they all look great! :D
Agreed there, although I've yet to buy Werewolf (not being familiar with it in it's Apocalypse incarnation, unlike the other two). They certainly look very nice on the bookshelf, catching the light and being all shiny. :)

That’s fine. :D Sounds like you have a busy but productive weekend. :D
:D Well, I'm not sure productive is the word I'd use, but it's going to be a lot of fun, certainly.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Jarval said:
:D Well, I'm not sure productive is the word I'd use, but it's going to be a lot of fun, certainly.

Hey that’s all that matters. :)

Oh! I didn't really push the game all that far, well cause, I doubt Brystasia really knows where to go or have any ideas on what to do. :)

Jarval

Explorer
Hey that’s all that matters. :)

Oh! I didn't really push the game all that far, well cause, I doubt Brystasia really knows where to go or have any ideas on what to do. :)
Right, sorry about the delay in getting back to this, I got dragged into family car-hunting (our previous car having decided to start rusting in a fairly major way. Rural roads can be amazingly corrosive...).

Anyway, just writing an IC post which should be up in the next few minutes. Hope your weekend was pleasant. The new version of Mage rocks (I'm becoming very taken with the new WoD rules as a whole), the party was great fun (pretty much everyone there was a member of my local university's games society, hence massive amounts of RPG and wargaming talk), and the D&D game is getting... interesting. All in all, a thoroughly successful weekend :)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Jarval said:
All in all, a thoroughly successful weekend :)
Most excellent to hear and you needn’t worry about the delay as I do understand. :)

My weekend was for the most part relaxing and I saw alot of family for the first time in a few months, which is always good. :D

Jarval

Explorer
Jarval, just to refresh my memory... Is Brystasia and the others armed or are they unarmed? (At least in regards to armor.)
Ged and Hestia have both dumped their armour, but Ged's still got his sword (if Bry thinks about it, she can't recall having ever seen him without it) and Hestia's carrying a staff (although that's more of a badge of office than a weapon in her eyes). I'm assuming Bry's probably left most of her armour at the Healing Halls, but feel free to decide what you want her to be carrying.

One thing that's worth noting is that it's illegal for most people to carry any weapon above a dagger or quarterstaff within the limits of Marlock City. An exception is made for the city watch, army, licensed mercenaries, and the clergy of the various temples.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Jarval said:
I'm assuming Bry's probably left most of her armour at the Healing Halls, but feel free to decide what you want her to be carrying.
Well, Brystasia only has one of them really long swords… and probably would be like to be out of her armor but if she’s not wearing it she would have to carry it back to her temple. (Now or later)

Is Bry supposed to go back to her temple tonight or stay with Hestia and Ged? (If it’s the later than she would be unarmored and unarmed.)

Unless someone within her order had told her to carry a weapon at all times within the city… (Ether in general or cause of her beauty and the possible riff rat it could attract.)

Jarval

Explorer
Is Bry supposed to go back to her temple tonight or stay with Hestia and Ged? (If it’s the later than she would be unarmored and unarmed.)
She's free to do either. In comparison with many of the other churches, the followers of Aymara are given a great deal of freedom to take charge of their own actions. The church of Aymara is very nearly hierarchy free, so a lot of the time Bry will be her own boss as it were.

Unless someone within her order had told her to carry a weapon at all times within the city... (Ether in general or cause of her beauty and the possible riff rat it could attract.)
Most Holy Warrior of the churches choose to carry the favoured weapon of their deity with them, mainly as a badge of office. As a result, Bry's likely to regard it as a standard part of city dress for her order, but she'll by no means have been ordered to carry a blade at all times.

Remove ads