• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[OOC] Turmoil in Ghelspad [Scarred Lands] (FULL 5/5)

Hammerhead

Explorer
Likewise, Lydia will probably never use a weapon unless the situation grows desperate. Certainly not as she gains in power.

My Hollowfaust Robes could be counted as the ancestral magical item, and provide an AC bonus similar to Bracers of Armor.

Argent Silvermage

First Post
Torillan said:
Well, the Leveled Treasure only really works for Weapons, Armor and Shields. Let me see if the same principles could work for rings and/or staves. I might devise some similar rules based on market value for the powers listed in the ring section of the DMG (ex. - 2,000 gp to 6,000 gp = +1 equivalent) or something along those lines. I'll get back to you.
The problem with a druid with weapons armor and shield it he cannot use them in animal forms. the wilding ability is very expensive and only works on armor and shields. That's why I chose the ring.
I have an idea... How about the ring gives me access to a fire domain spell of every level I can cast 1 per day. It's not a huge power and it "levels" on it's own.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
The problem with a druid with weapons armor and shield it he cannot use them in animal forms. the wilding ability is very expensive and only works on armor and shields. That's why I chose the ring.
I have an idea... How about the ring gives me access to a fire domain spell of every level I can cast 1 per day. It's not a huge power and it "levels" on it's own.

No magical item can be used in animal form unless it's normally wearable by that animal. In most interpretations I've seen, rings don't count.

Torillan

First Post
Argent Silvermage said:
True. but more animals can use a ring than a blade.

Let me ponder this issue for a bit, and I'll see what I can come up with. I might allow something for the robes, like a ring or something sewn into the fabric (or something along those lines). Give me a little time and I will think of something. For those that don't use weapons or armor regularly, don't worry; you WILL find or gain items that will be appropriate and evenly powerful. It may not be quite the same, but you won't be left out. I promise. :)

I'll post ideas I have here shortly.

Voadam

Legend
I'm back!

As for rings, rings of protection have a nice easy progression.

For the robes I think there was an alternate rule in the WotC arms and equipment guide allowing bracers to get armor enhancements for similar plus costs that could work if you were switching bracers for robes.

Torillan

First Post
Voadam said:
I'm back!

As for rings, rings of protection have a nice easy progression.

For the robes I think there was an alternate rule in the WotC arms and equipment guide allowing bracers to get armor enhancements for similar plus costs that could work if you were switching bracers for robes.

Welcome back! I hope your trip was good. Since you're here, I'll be starting a thread in the Playing the Game section, most likely sometime tomorrow. Keep an eye out!

As for the robes, I'll allow powers similar to armor, but for the XP cost I will use 1.5x the regular armor XP cost (I'll post each person's breakdown of what their individual items will cost, unless you'd rather keep it secret from the others) to represent the intense craftsmanship needed for it.

Cool! I'm ready to get started, and I hope you guys enjoy the game.

Voadam

Legend
Torillan said:
Welcome back! I hope your trip was good. Since you're here, I'll be starting a thread in the Playing the Game section, most likely sometime tomorrow. Keep an eye out!

As for the robes, I'll allow powers similar to armor, but for the XP cost I will use 1.5x the regular armor XP cost (I'll post each person's breakdown of what their individual items will cost, unless you'd rather keep it secret from the others) to represent the intense craftsmanship needed for it.

Cool! I'm ready to get started, and I hope you guys enjoy the game.

Thanks, I was sick the whole time, My laptop didn't work, and I got involuntarily bumped from my flight to the next day coming back, but Keystone Colorado is a beautiful place to drive through even if you are too weary from the 9,000 feet altitude and feeling under the weather to go snowboarding or snowshoeing like I had planned. I did make a lot of good business contacts and ate well while I was there. It was a good trip, I just wish I had been able to take advantage of the perfect skiing weather. Next year will hopefully be even better.

I'm ready to start killing things and taking their stuff. Oh and seeing the sights of Ghelspad of course.

Remove ads