[OOC] Turmoil in Ghelspad [Scarred Lands] (FULL 5/5)

Torillan

First Post
I'd like to start up a Scarred Lands PbP campaign. I have a basic storyline to run, but I'd like to try to build adventures around the characters, using their background and other elements if possible.

I'm looking for 5 players. Here are the basics:

-3rd level
-28 point buy
-Max HP for each starting level
-2,700 gp start
-NO magic items to start with, HOWEVER, Masterwork Items are OK.
(Note: I plan on using rules for Leveled Treasure from Dragon #289, so I will work with you to build a suitable "heirloom" magic item.)
-All PC races from the Revised Creature Collection (including Termana races, just give a good reason why you're in Ghelspad; also, I'll leave it up to you about using Human Variant rules depending on where your character hails from)
(Note: I do not have any of the Scarred Lands Players Guide, but if you do, just give me info on what you want to use from it and I'll give a ruling)
-No evil alignments
-FRCS book feats are OK, just give explaination for Regional Feats
-Any and all "official" Scarred Lands material

Any questions please post them here in this thread. I check daily so I'll get a response to you somewhat quickly.

Here is the current list of players & their characters:
Hammerhead - Lydia Sitarak (Human Necromacer 3)
Paxus - Torvin the Scribe (Mountain Dwarf Conjurer 3)
ferretguy - Soleril Quilserve (Dark Elf Monk/Rogue 1/1)
Voadam - Harl Gurrol (Mountain Dwarf Barbarian 3)
Argent Silvermage - Ashcroft Skulos (Half-Elf Druid 3)

See the Rogue's Gallery postings for more details.

Last edited:

Hammerhead

Explorer
Cool. I think the Scarred Lands are pretty cool, and I'd love to play in a PbP game. However, I don't have the revised Creature Collection...what exactly are the races there? I mean, you could be human or something, right?

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
What basic storyline are you looking at? I'd like to play around with either a Summoner from Burok Torn or an Albadian Hellian (both are PrCs from the setting, Relics and Rituals 1 and 2 respectively), but I'm willing to adapt to whatever focus you want; the dwarf works better against the Calastians than in the Ukrudan Desert, for example.

ferretguy

First Post
Alright! would definitly love to play in a Scarred Lands game...Probably a dwarf from Burok Torn...will have him wrote up and ready this weekend!

Torillan

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Cool. I think the Scarred Lands are pretty cool, and I'd love to play in a PbP game. However, I don't have the revised Creature Collection...what exactly are the races there? I mean, you could be human or something, right?

Well, in the Revised Creature Collection they re-printed the race material from the Scarred Lands DM screen booklet. It's pretty much the standard races from the PHB, with a few additions. If you don't have access to either, I'll post the basics here. Let me know.

As for you other guys, I'm willing to let you play what you'd like. I do have RRI & RRII, so any Scarred Lands material is OK. Once I get and idea of who and what your characters are, I'll modify the basic storyline.

Thanks for joining! Post your character info here, and I'll compile everything. I'll be using maps made with DungeonCrafter, and I'll attach them to postings in the "Playing the Game" forum.

Torillan

First Post
Paxus Asclepius said:
What basic storyline are you looking at? I'd like to play around with either a Summoner from Burok Torn or an Albadian Hellian (both are PrCs from the setting, Relics and Rituals 1 and 2 respectively), but I'm willing to adapt to whatever focus you want; the dwarf works better against the Calastians than in the Ukrudan Desert, for example.

I'll pretty much have the party galavanting over much of Ghelspad (though not always by mundane travel means ;) ). The adventure will start on the frontier of New Venir/Lageni, where it borders the Blood Steppes. Time of year will be early spring. At some point, Termana will enter into the equation, but I want to make sure everyone has fun, so I'll adjust settings accordingly (but it won't be a cakewalk!).

d'Anconia

Explorer
I'm very interested in this game. I haven't had much experience playing in the Scarred Lands, but I have some of the books, and it looks very interesting. I'll look through and post a character concept today.

Torillan

First Post
d'Anconia said:
I'm very interested in this game. I haven't had much experience playing in the Scarred Lands, but I have some of the books, and it looks very interesting. I'll look through and post a character concept today.

Excellent! Welcome aboard. Let me know if you have any questions.

Voadam

Legend
I'd be interested.

I don't have the revised creature collection but I do have a bunch of scarred lands stuff including the small gazeteer and R&RI&II.

I'd only be available on weekdays and probably only one post a day.

If that is fine then I will work up a character concept.

I don't have Dragon 289, how does the heirloom concept work?

Torillan

First Post
Voadam said:
I'd be interested.

I don't have the revised creature collection but I do have a bunch of scarred lands stuff including the small gazeteer and R&RI&II.

I'd only be available on weekdays and probably only one post a day.

If that is fine then I will work up a character concept.

I don't have Dragon 289, how does the heirloom concept work?

That is fine. I'm currently in nursing school so I'll have a day or two a week that I couldn't post at all. Go ahead with what you've got and post the character here.

As for the Leveled Treasures, it permits you to have one magic weapon that you "awaken" powers by spending XP's (and being minimum levels), rather that constantly having to find new magic items.

Once I have an idea of what each character is like, each may just "find" a weapon that suits them. ;)

Remove ads