• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oops! I think I killed rpg.net

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
I have posted there more since the separation of the d20 forum. It is easier for me to find things that interest me (d20) and I do not have to scroll through as many pages searching for threads on d20 if I do not get over there for a few days. Is it a lot more work for those with mixed interests to look through two forums? I also see a lot less sniping against d20 as those who used to just click a thread and take a shot now would need to go to the new forum to do so.

Michael Dean

Explorer
Mark CMG said:
I have posted there more since the separation of the d20 forum. It is easier for me to find things that interest me (d20) and I do not have to scroll through as many pages searching for threads on d20 if I do not get over there for a few days. Is it a lot more work for those with mixed interests to look through two forums? I also see a lot less sniping against d20 as those who used to just click a thread and take a shot now would need to go to the new forum to do so.

My point exactly. It has made rpg.net far more usable to me while still finding stuff about other games as well.

(un)reason is on the money too about Palladium. I admit I've never played it, but man, that company gets a lot of bile. And much of it is ad hominem attacks against Kevin and/or Maryanne. Don't know what those two did, but they sure p.o.'d a lot of people.

Ry

Explorer
Nothing wrong with RPG.net; in fact, there's a lot of discussion there that's very relevant to me because I play things other than d20. But I stick around EN World because I prefer the stricter moderation and forum rules. Mods are really good here about quashing flamewars, in my experience.

Kester Pelagius

First Post
EricNoah said:
I for one am always happy to see RPG.net folk over here. They've been gracious about letting us post about our board problems many, many times in the past.

Feel free to use RPG FunZone for posting EnWorld news if need be.

naturaltwenty

Explorer
Publisher
I'm naturaltwenty here - and naturaltwenty there (rpg.net) and I've never been harassed for my login (of which I've owned the domain name pre-2000 and the whole d20 hubbub).

Since rpg.net's been down I've actually gotten more work done :).

Imaro

Legend
Mark CMG said:

I don't really like the forum seperation, as I've found the d20/Dungeons & Dragons really equates to Dungeons & Dragons. I play C&C but have found it harder since the seperation to discuss C&C without someone who thinks D&D is a superior system breaking in to "enlighten" those who are interested or prefer other d20 systems. In fact I've noticed way less threas about anything d20 except D&D. It's annoying and I have slowly started to ignore that section of the forums. YMMV of course.

Turjan

Explorer
That's right. I don't need rpg.net to become "EN World II" because of their new D&D subforum. I always liked rpg.net for the different mix of ideas you get there. Despite people like walkerpc, or what his name was :D.

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
you mean RPG.net has threads other than Tangency cliff notes and motivational posters?
I average 1 post a year over there, and stay well away from the gaming threads, really its all about the flame wars.

Remove ads