• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oots 427

To my eyes, the enlarge person was a bit generous on the enlarging. In the 7-9th panels the troops are half the height of the breech. After enlarging they are taller than the breech. I think V's mass enlarge person can make medium humanoids huge. Not to mention she affected 13 troops who look kinda spread out yet it should only affect targets within 30 feet of each other.

Or it's all just artistic license.

Or V has some form of Spell Sculpting feat that alters it from a 30' burst or whatever into a line of equal area.

Either way, good show. V is totally showing up the rest of the Order at this point. Hubris should be setting in soon enough... 3 strips until something depressing or comical happens to the elf, I'd wager.

-TRRW

LoneWolf23

First Post
theredrobedwizard said:
Or V has some form of Spell Sculpting feat that alters it from a 30' burst or whatever into a line of equal area.

Either way, good show. V is totally showing up the rest of the Order at this point. Hubris should be setting in soon enough... 3 strips until something depressing or comical happens to the elf, I'd wager.

-TRRW

Most likely V running out of spells...

RedFox

First Post
I'm just waiting for Xykon to bypass the whole battle setpiece and bamf into the throne room somehow.

I'm also hoping there's a scene with Xykon running across the cell block, and prisoners languishing within...

Evilhalfling

Adventurer
Agent Oracle said:
Dude... So V is at least 13th level.

let me see... Mass bull's strength: +4 STR
Mass Bear's Endurance: +4 CON
Mass Enlarge Person: +2 STR, -2 DEX, -1 attack -1 AC
Potions of Heroisim: +2 attack, +2 saves +2 all skills

Sum? +4 attack, +3 damage, +10 hp, -2 AC,

Not that their AC matters, since they are all fighting with Large Pikes (reach of 20 feet). each hit will probably kill a hobgoblin.

large pike 1d8->2d6 (+2.5 dmg)
damage +3 x1.5 (two handed weapon) +4 dmg
+ 6.5 dmg

Celebrim

Legend
jmucchiello said:
To my eyes, the enlarge person was a bit generous on the enlarging. In the 7-9th panels the troops are half the height of the breech. After enlarging they are taller than the breech...Or it's all just artistic license.

As best as I can tell, in the bottom left panel, the spell exactly doubles the height of the targets...in fact it looks like it was measured. The bottom right panel is slightly out of scale with the rest of the comic. I think it is just artistic license.

It's really nice to get confirmation on V's level though. My guesses had been:

Roy: 13th level human fighter
Durkon: 13th level dwarf cleric
V: 13th level elf wizard
Haley: 13th level human rogue
Elan: 12th level human bard/1st level dashing swordsman
Belkar: 12th level halfling ranger/1st level barbarian (does the DM have a house rule on multi-classing?)

Xykon: 17th level Lich Sorcerer
Redcloak: 15th level goblin Cleric (cohort of Xykon)

Nale: human 2nd level fighter/3rd level rogue/8th level sorcerer
Sabine: succubus 5th level rogue
Thog: Half-orc 2nd level fighter/10th level barbarian

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads