• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Oots 427

Balgus

First Post
Agent Oracle said:
Dude... So V is at least 13th level.

let me see... Mass bull's strength: +4 STR
Mass Bear's Endurance: +4 CON
Mass Enlarge Person: +2 STR, -2 DEX, -1 attack -1 AC
Potions of Heroisim: +2 attack, +2 saves +2 all skills

Sum? +4 attack, +3 damage, +10 hp, -2 AC,

Not that their AC matters, since they are all fighting with Large Pikes (reach of 20 feet). each hit will probably kill a hobgoblin.
+ lvl 5 human ftr with prolly +5 BAB + 4 eztra feats: weapon focus+1, weapon spec+2, power attack and cleave (how else can they hit more than one in one shot?) = ouchee....

silvermane

Explorer
Are you suggesting that all D&D characters are female? Because that's what they are apparently referred to as in WotC books (and most 3rd party books).

"She" can be used to mean "he or she" just as "he" can (and is equally sexist, some argue). The usage is rather American than British and is not widespread, but it persists despite the strangeness.

Quartz

Hero
Celebrim said:
It's really nice to get confirmation on V's level though. My guesses had been:

Xykon: 17th level Lich Sorcerer
Redcloak: 15th level goblin Cleric (cohort of Xykon)
Might want to reverse those levels, since we've seen Redcloak threaten to Rebuke Xykon.

What's the highest level spell we've seen Xykon cast? He's done a Forcecage, but has he cast any 8th or 9th level spells? I'm thinking that Redcloak might just be Epic.

Balgus said:
+ lvl 5 human ftr
I'd say warrior, rather than fighter. They're standard soldiers, just experienced and capable ones. That's enough for Power Attack, Cleave, and either Weapon Focus or Great Cleave, though, which should help them hew through the hobgoblins pretty easily, until the archers come.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads