• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #661 is up!

Dausuul

Legend
Hmm... that could just be a really high AC.

It's almost certainly DR, actually. Miko made a series of attacks that "tickled," and then announced her intention to Power Attack and overcome its DR. Given that OotS characters are fully aware of the game mechanics underlying their world, Miko would be able to tell the difference between failing to hit its AC and failing to overcome its DR.

malraux

First Post
Assuming its from the SRD, a Solar Angel has the requisite SLA (wish and earthquake). With its regeneration and epic DR, almost all attacks that we've seen would have little effect on it. The strength isn't what I would expect though.

I think I have a very good idea. Many moons ago I ran an exalted game. I gave the players a little friend. It was a jelly fish looking creature that attached itself to the shoulder of one of the players. It had 2 purposes: 1) comic relief and 2) Oh Crap moments.

So Rich is taking writing advice from CLAMP?

List of Magic Knight Rayearth characters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Mokona Modoki - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mhmm... I don't think any of the Monster Manuals have any "cute monster with plot device powers" in their pages though...

DerekSTheRed

Explorer
Using the SRD, I compiled a partial list of monsters that have teleport and might fit the MitD evidence. At first I thought he was psionic since Stomp is a psionic power and it looks like he used it when Haley and Belkar retreived Roy's corpse.

Hunefer - epic undead with teleport but much too smart
Phrenic template - add psionics to non-psionic race
Elder Titan - epic creature that can teleport but also too smart
IeShay - Elf-like fey that's too smart but has a teleport and charm monster as a gaze attack
Abomination - epic outsider that has spell like abilities and can be any size. They link has a few examples but if you mix and match Anaxim and Xixecal you can get MitD. In addition, "All abominations are born directly (or indirectly) from a god and some lesser creature (or idea), but none are favored, wanted, or loved."

I'm tending towards an abomination of some kind but we'll have to see more to be sure.

Last edited:

MarkB

Legend
I'd concur with the MitD having some form of genie-like wish-granting capability. Note that it wasn't able to cause O-Chul to escape previously through sheer affort of will, and at that time he wasn't trying to escape - he was trying to use his position at the heart of the enemy camp to do something useful. This time, with O-Chul now actively wanting to escape with V, it was able to grant his wish.

I don't think the MitD did it. Xykon knows what it is and if it was capable of doing wishes, he would have tricked it into doing one for him before this.

Wish spells are notoriously unpredictable if the caster doesn't frame them exactly right. Given that the caster, in this case, is the MitD, would you trust it to consistently return useful results from a Wish rather than inadvertently causing a calamity?

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
It's almost certainly DR, actually. Miko made a series of attacks that "tickled," and then announced her intention to Power Attack and overcome its DR. Given that OotS characters are fully aware of the game mechanics underlying their world, Miko would be able to tell the difference between failing to hit its AC and failing to overcome its DR.

Possible. But Belkar missed it 5 times. "0 for 5 sucker." as the roach said. If you've got a high dex, you're dodging out of the way. The creature was barely aware that it was being attacked.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads