OotS 666

Nymrohd

First Post
Giant In the Playground Games

I love the reference in the last panel (the last thing Haley and Roy were talking about was Xykon's con and them not thinking like rogues).

And I seriously wonder what Roy's plan is since it can end everything in seven weeks. Mind you seven weeks is a long time, but still . . .

Simm

First Post
I have to admit I liked it. Nothing major happened there was no big reveal but it was funny and begins to position thing for the next plot arc. Funny plus narratively useful is a good combination in my books.

SPoD

First Post
Yeah, what is the significance of seven weeks? I certainly hope it doesn't wrap up that soon.

The Oracle told Roy that Belkar would die before the end of the year. Roy is saying that there are seven weeks left in the year.

Now, that doesn't mean that they actually WILL beat Xykon within that time, but since they want Belkar's daggers as added muscle, they're going to try.

wolff96

First Post
Also, I'm pretty sure that's seven weeks IN COMIC TIME, so those of us reading OOTS will most likely be entertained for quite some time to come. :)

After all, Belkar's "Change of Heart" was seven weeks back. How long ago did that comic first run, when he had the delusion and came back with 'character development'? I can't look now -- work blocked -- but if you start the clock when the cleric started casting "Restoration" how long ago was that event?

catsclaw227

First Post
Also note, this was strip #666 and there were many, including me, that thought this would be a strip that included the fiends and possibly the soul-splice.

Pbartender

First Post
Also, I'm pretty sure that's seven weeks IN COMIC TIME, so those of us reading OOTS will most likely be entertained for quite some time to come. :)

After all, Belkar's "Change of Heart" was seven weeks back. How long ago did that comic first run, when he had the delusion and came back with 'character development'? I can't look now -- work blocked -- but if you start the clock when the cleric started casting "Restoration" how long ago was that event?

That was strip #610, which was posted on November 21st, 2008.

Klaus

First Post
Also note, this was strip #666 and there were many, including me, that thought this would be a strip that included the fiends and possibly the soul-splice.
I expected at least the last panel to include Lee telling his two pals "I have this nagging feeling we whould be doing something...".

mhensley

First Post
The Oracle told Roy that Belkar would die before the end of the year. Roy is saying that there are seven weeks left in the year.

Now, that doesn't mean that they actually WILL beat Xykon within that time, but since they want Belkar's daggers as added muscle, they're going to try.

Making plans based on some prophecy never works out right. It's like a law of fiction or something.

Remove ads