• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #672 is up!

carmachu

Adventurer
*rolleyes* is always rude.

The question is, if you don't read the thing anymore, why in the world would the regularity (or lack thereof) bother you?

Because when one says their going to do something, you tend to expect one to do it.

If I say I'm going to pick you up at 10am, to take you to , say the mall, one tends to expect that I'd follow through.

It shows a lack of respect. When one says their going to do something and not do it. Its one of my pet peeves.

Yes, in life things crop up, and things happen. But with Rich made it habit, and instead jsut threw up his hands and said "I'll do it when I feel like it."

That was a jump the shark moment for me. If say, Paizo did the something similar when producing a product, or WotC or Goodman, it be no different. Yes the comic is free, but he does want folks to buy the books. Cant do that.

Bold or Stupid

First Post
Because when one says their going to do something, you tend to expect one to do it.

If I say I'm going to pick you up at 10am, to take you to , say the mall, one tends to expect that I'd follow through.

It shows a lack of respect. When one says their going to do something and not do it. Its one of my pet peeves.

Yes, in life things crop up, and things happen. But with Rich made it habit, and instead jsut threw up his hands and said "I'll do it when I feel like it."

That was a jump the shark moment for me. If say, Paizo did the something similar when producing a product, or WotC or Goodman, it be no different. Yes the comic is free, but he does want folks to buy the books. Cant do that.

When someone makes a commitment to help me or do something that actually affects my real life it would be lack of respect.

When someone is giving me something entertaining for free he can do it when he damn well pleases. The man has a health problem a so please stop kvetching about it. Any other author gets to release their books when they're ready why should comic strips be any different?

Storm Raven

First Post

Because if you buy the book you can't read it except when Rich posts?

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Carmachu, I really think that he owes us nothing. If we choose to buy his books, that's great, but you're complaining about something that he's giving us for free although it costs him a ton of money to do so. I don't understand any betrayed sense of entitlement; it doesn't matter at all if he used to update M-W-F. He decided that he wasn't going to do that any more, and he communicated it to everyone. It doesn't make any sense to me to get upset about it after the fact. Heck, if you no longer read it, then complaining about the update schedule really seems counter-intuitive. It'd be like me determinedly boycotting a neighborhood restaurant but bitching about the hours anyways.

The cartoonist position is best summed up in the following:

[sblock=Relevant Something*Positive strip - warning, profanity]

sp11292008c.gif

(something*positive can be found at S*P and Other Comics)[/sblock]

carmachu

Adventurer
Carmachu, I really think that he owes us nothing. If we choose to buy his books, that's great, but you're complaining about something that he's giving us for free although it costs him a ton of money to do so. I don't understand any betrayed sense of entitlement; it doesn't matter at all if he used to update M-W-F. He decided that he wasn't going to do that any more, and he communicated it to everyone. It doesn't make any sense to me to get upset about it after the fact. Heck, if you no longer read it, then complaining about the update schedule really seems counter-intuitive. It'd be like me determinedly boycotting a neighborhood restaurant but bitching about the hours anyways.

I've never claimed he owed me anything.

Converesly, I dont owe him anything. Including whether I disagree with him on it or not.

But his fanboys will come out to defend him as always....

Then what was your comparison to someone promising you a ride about? He promised you nothing, and you're upset that he didn't give you what you want?

LOL. I don't enjoy the strip nearly as much as I used to. I think it's too often a wall of text, and that reduces my enjoyment of it. I still get something out of it, of course.

But to come in and whine about the frequency of updates when you don't even read the comic anymore? That's got to be threadcrapping.

ProfessorCirno

Banned
Banned

Converesly, I dont owe him anything. Including whether I disagree with him on it or not.

Hah hah what.

"OH GOD THE COMIC ARTIST I HATE AND DON'T READ IS DELAYING HIS COMIC! RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGE!"

"Uhm, if you don't care anymore, why are you even responding? I mean, you hopefully don't pay attention-"

"HE OWES ME THIS SHUT UP"

"I don't really see how he owes you anything. I mean, the comic is free, he updates when he can, you don't have to pa-"

"I never said he owed me anything. GOD THIS WHOLE FORUMS IS JUST FANBOYS."

No no, seriously, keep this going. This is amusing!

Andor

First Post
Hah hah what.

"OH GOD THE COMIC ARTIST I HATE AND DON'T READ IS DELAYING HIS COMIC! RRRRRRAAAAAAAAAGE!"

"Uhm, if you don't care anymore, why are you even responding? I mean, you hopefully don't pay attention-"

"HE OWES ME THIS SHUT UP"

"I don't really see how he owes you anything. I mean, the comic is free, he updates when he can, you don't have to pa-"

"I never said he owed me anything. GOD THIS WHOLE FORUMS IS JUST FANBOYS."

No no, seriously, keep this going. This is amusing!

Next he has to call everyone who disagrees with him Nazis. Then the godwin rule kicks in and it can die. :uhoh:

Henry

Autoexreginated

Is this supposed to be a bad thing? :D

People should try my strategy for a while -- go forget about the strip for a month or so, go do a bunch of other things, and when you make your way back to it, you're pleasantly surprised with a half-dozen new strips at once!

Works for me, anyways... :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads