• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

OotS #842is up! "All in the Family"

Kaodi

Hero
But that red hair sure was a dominant genetic trait, wasn't it?

I know. This is why though my original prediction about Haley being a descendant of Gerard Draketooth is extremely unlikely it seems at this point, it is possible I was just looking in the wrong direction. It is entirely possible I think that Girard's grandmother is related to Haley...

I mean, it was supposedly stated somewhere that Familicide kills the family of family, but it that was really the case, a huge chunk of humanity would probably have, quite noticeably, died at the same time as all the black dragons and half-dragons.

And if Girard was so paranoid, there is still a significant chance that there are traps and locks that can only be defeated by family...

-Genocide is always evil. EXTREMELY evil. Regardless of your "reasons."

[sblock]Actually, it's not. I saw speculation this would happen for weeks now. I didn't want to believe it, and still don't want to. Because this stupid Epic spell is looking ludicrously, insanely, entire-plot-of-the-comic-breaking powerful. Xykon is a threat to the fabric of reality and he could never create a spell with a FRACTION of that power. It wipes out creatures across all distance and the planes, with no save or SR apparently allowed (I've yet to see a single survivor). Whoever this Haerta was, however long ago she existed, the fact that she did exist and had such world-shattering power yet there's no records or lore of her at all is simply unbelievable. Literally, I refuse to believe it. That's just bs. Whatever took her down before she could use that spell herself had to be one of the single most epic, important events in all of world history, possibly second only to the Snarl. I'm very displeased the spell's being given such insane power AND being glossed over so much.[/sblock]

You know I have herd how bad/powerful this spell is. I love it.

Clouster, Epic Teleport, and Familiycide all have epic feel. Way more then Xykon casting epic dispel.

It is not like a deadly combat spell with no save, it is a powerful RP spell that is evil as all hell.

Nothing says it is not one of the most epic adventures the stick verse has ever known. I imagin she was a deadly necromancer who created a huge amount of epic nastyness. I also imagin that a small group of powerful adventurers (aka PCs) took her down.

So, it apparently was V's spell that did this. Although I'm still a little iffy on the timing, at least they explained about the bugs. Sort of.

The question now, of course, is: Where is Girard Draketooth himself? He doesn't appear to be among the bodies (The OOTS knows what he looks like, and they haven't said anything about finding him).

Oh, and yes, it's a very, VERY dirty trick for a DM to play. One V's "player" richly deserved.

This should be interesting...

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
Personally, I'm a fan of the notion that death effects / energy drain rob even the corpse of life and vitality to the point where nothing natural can gain nutrition from it.

That's a cool idea. It would explain why zombies aren't consumed by insect larvae in short order. Though I suppose things might *try* to get nutrition from undead; that would explain why zombies are a little worse for wear.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads