• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Opinions?

stringbean

First Post
Hiya!

I was just browsing the forums and thought since others posted illustrations here for critique and opinions, I could too!

without further ado, here is an illustration I did about a year ago, of my first 3e character - Uvaal Runegraven, a Diviner.

Pencil, Ink, Scan, Photoshop.

------------------
Matt Everhart
matt.everhart@mocotton.com

Attachments

• uvaal.gif
    uvaal.gif
    316.2 KB · Views: 252

Mr Fidgit

First Post
welcome to the boards, stringbean :D

i really like your pic, and would like to see more, if you'd like to post them

(although i'm too sure about wizards in belly-shirts, though :p )

KnowTheToe

First Post
Great pic, it closely resembles the same style as a close friend of mine, so I may be bias. I enjoy looking at the pics but can hardly draw a smiley face :) So I can rarely offer any true artistic advice. The only thing I could suggest is leaving a little space between his eye and nose, it detracts from the rest of his face.

Keep posting the pics.

Last edited:

stringbean

First Post
Quickie Portrait

I posted this in the Self-Portrait thread, but figgered it could go here as well. More to come over the weekend, as I get my scanner warmed up!

------------

Stringbean
artist for hire

Attachments

• matty.gif
    matty.gif
    22.5 KB · Views: 194

Malessa

First Post
Very cool! Your work is so, so, so clean. So crisp! How do you accomplish that? That is, if you don't mind passing a few secrets my way?;)

Can't wait to see more!

stringbean

First Post
Malessa said:
Very cool! Your work is so, so, so clean. So crisp! How do you accomplish that?

Light pencils, a substantial quantity of kneadable eraser, a fine point black pen (precise species depends on my momentary whim).

Some more eraser, then a minute or two with the Adjustments/Contrast palette in Photoshop.

Them's the basics, anyways...

;)

Ziggy

First Post
Re: Wizard Art

stringbean said:
:p

C'mon. I dare you. Good, bad or indifferent?

Like, Don't Like?

I like it. Clean, efficient style. It also has has a personal style, easily recognisable (at least in the pictures posted here), that is golden if you ever want to do professional work.

.Ziggy

Remove ads