D&D 5E Optimum and/or Fun Party of 6 for ToA?

OB1

Jedi Master
[MENTION=6801328]Elfcrusher[/MENTION] - You should have gone with my "oddball" version! :) More RP potential and would have made combat a bit more challenging.

The great beauty of 5E is there is no requirement to optimize a party to play the APs!

G

Guest 6801328

In two weeks I'll be a bachelor for the weekend so I'm hoping we can return. I might drop Hidden Shrine of T....(however it's spelled; you know the one) into the middle of Chult.

dropbear8mybaby

Banned
Banned
That's awfully close with what I went with, except I chose Bard instead of Monk, and a couple races and subclasses (I used straight PHB) were different.

I considered bard but for optimisation, I felt the rogue was the better choice with panache and higher damage output with the wizard and cleric providing the support/utility component. The monk was almost mandatory given it's high survivability and melee-centricity which synergises better with the barbarian's wolf advantage on melee attacks.

extralead

First Post
Uthgardt-tribe Member Half-Orc Barbarian Path of Totem Bear (Emerald Enclave) Great Weapon Master. Party should do everything it can to give advantage on attacks and to provide more attacks per round
Far-traveler Wood Elf Cleric Light Domain (Emerald Enclave) Maximize Wisdom immediately, then Dexterity to max, then Constitution
Anthropologist Scourge Aasimar Storm Sorcerer (The Harpers) Move Constitution and Charisma up together. Cast from scrolls found
Archaeologist Human-variant Fighter Eldritch Knight (The Zhentarim) Tough. Cover this PC in magic weapons, armor, and boosts to these from spells/features. Buff this PC with every type of spell except the additional attacks and advantage on attacks that are prioritized for the Barbarian
Sailor Human-variant Cleric Forge Domain (Order of the Gauntlet). Observant. Take Resilient:Con at Level 4. Balance Dexterity, Constitution, and Wisdom. Collect adamantine for Level 7 Fabricate use
Investigator Human-variant Rogue Arcane Trickster (Lords' Alliance) Moderately-Armored, Shield Master. Don't worry about ability scores except Strength and Dexterity. Expertise in Deception and Thieves' Tools first, then Level 6 add Athletics and Perception

Remove ads