Orc or Hobgoblin?

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
As depictions of Orcs have become more and more 'humanish' they have started to converge with Hobgoblins to the point that honestly they dont have any real physiological differences, they tend to just be cultural variations of the same 'devolved subhuman' model.

which is another reason why I prefer Orcs to be actually Boar-headed humanoids, on that furry beast-man spectrum with wolfman gnolls and bull headed minotaurs. Then Gobs and Hobs get the subhuman gig

Thomas Shey

Legend
I personally always picture hobgoblins being taller and leaner and orcs a little shorter and distinctly bulkier. I don't remember if the 2e specs seem to back that up.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I personally always picture hobgoblins being taller and leaner and orcs a little shorter and distinctly bulkier. I don't remember if the 2e specs seem to back that up.
Orcs in FR 2e at least are described as usually over 6 ft, 230‒280 lb while hobgoblins are described as 5‒6 ft, 150‒200 lb

Orcs however are usually depicted as stooped while Hobgoblins stand upright

Thomas Shey

Legend
Orcs in FR 2e at least are described as usually over 6 ft, 230‒280 lb while hobgoblins are described as 5‒6 ft, 150‒200 lb

Orcs however are usually depicted as stooped while Hobgoblins stand upright

Honestly, I was thinking of the PF versions anyway.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases