• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Order of the Stick 617 is up

Achan hiArusa

Explorer
Yes, I have the following book on my Winter Break Reading list:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Trapped-When-Acting-Ethically-Against/dp/1930865880/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1229787713&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Trapped: When Acting Ethically is Against the Law: John Hasnas: Books[/ame]

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
As a current law student, I am saddened by this conversation.

Before I went to lawschool, 300 years ago, I took an LSAT (Law school SAT) prep course. I asked the instructor of the course, who happened to be a DA, what courses I should take in lawschool if I wanted to be a lawyer dealing with computer law (the Internet was just "invented" back then, the consolidation of all the various networks just took place).

He chuckled and said:

"It doesn't matter. All this stuff you learn for the LSAT is :):):):):):):):). All that matters is getting into lawschool. Once you get into lawschool, almost everything you learn there is :):):):):):):):). All that matters is passing Bar Exam. Everything you have to learn to pass the Bar Exam is :):):):):):):):). Most of it has no application in day-to-day practice. Once you pass the Bar Exam, all that matters is getting a job practicing law somewhere. The key to a sucessful law practice is to pile so much :):):):):):):):) onto the other side to make them give in. So the practice of law, from beginning to end is :):):):):):):):)."

True story. And I've found it to be true in practice.

joethelawyer

Banned
Banned
Hey I didn't know you couldn't say bull**it here. That's a violation of my freedom of speech. Where's a lawful good lawyer when you need one?!?!

:)

Last edited:

Remove ads