'Origin' of Your User Name

Apok said:
The Apok is an O.C.C (Occupational Character Class) from the Rifts RPG. No, it has absolutely nothing to do with that guy from the first Matrix movie. ;)

And Hatchling Dragon is an R.C.C. (Racial Character Class) from Rifts. I was very in to Rifts and a frequent visitor on the Palladium boards when I discovered first DnD 3e, then WotC's boards and finaly my new on-line home the ENboards (back when they were Eric's still).

It seemed to 'fit' with the whold DnD setting so I kept it. I'd noticed a couple others that seemed to post on both boards as well, and I wanted to let them know I was doing the same.

Besides, the name fits so well, I'll still be a 'kid' at 100, if I live that long :p

Hatchling Dragon

Last edited:

isoChron

First Post
Hm, mine should have been Chronos like the ancient Greek god. It's my nick at Counterstrike and I'm used to it.
Ok, since I'm no creative mastermind I copied the nick from CS to EN-World. So far so good ...
Then came the change of the EN-Server some time ago and i could not connect under my "Chronos"-nick anymore. As I wanted to register anew as Chronos I was told by my silly computer that this name is not available ... :(
Ok, so a new, but not so new name had to be found ...
I'm working on geochronology at the university and there is an important part in dating a rock ... drawing the isochron.
Hmm, Chronos ... chron ... isoChron ! Heureka, I got it.

Chronos aka isoChron

Skade

Explorer
Almost on topic reply

King_Stannis said:
Inspired by the fantastic "Song of Ice and Fire" series by GRR Martin.

King Stannis Baratheon, the one true king of Westeros.

I love that series, and would almost venture to say it is my personal favorite fantasy series ever. Since my screen name has some frosty refrences I was going to use the Stark words in my sig, "winter Is Coming". A very dark and portentious phrase in the world of George R.R. Martin.

But youre wrong, Brand Stark is the one true king!!!

Bastoche

First Post
I usually register my real name, but on the 4th previous (or maybe it's the 5th) of this board, at the time when Eric Noah was still handling his website, there was a Sebastian registered in. The first place I posted, everybody where mistaking us so Sebastian sent me an email asking me to change my username to avoid confusion. I went for Bastoche which is the way my cousin called me when I was a kid.

Psionicist

Explorer
The year was 1999, I lurked over at the very first instance of Eric's old message board, before the site was hosted by rpgplanet. I read every single thread (or thread, "entry" is a better word because the forum wasn't really a forum but a guestbook sort of thing). I decided to participate in the discussions, but I never did. Then in all of a sudden, Eric got a new message board at rpgplanet. I signed up with the name Psionicist, as I am a long time fan of the concept, it's generally a pretty cool word and it's fairly unique, plus it's a good username for a RPG-board.

That's my story. :)

drakhe

First Post
My current user name (Drakhe) finds it origin in my liking dragons and celtic/norse beckgrounds. I had seen the word drakhen in some fantasy novel used to refer to dragons, and liked it so much I adopted the word with the 'n' dropped as my nick, figuring that if drakhen is dragon, maybe drakhe could be a person involved with dragons (it's all fantasy anyways)

Another older nick I used a lot is T-Alpha (which stood for tiger alpha). The origin of this nick stems from the term 'tiger team'. This term refers to a team of people who's function was to try and penetrate computer security at al cost, in the interest of checking actual security. (in the early days, and maybe even still today, hackers who got cought often ended up heading these tiger teams, and well payed at that since no large corporation was/is interested in having their lack of security advertized. At the time I (must have been 13 or 14 years of age) I dreamed of being member of such a tiger team. And off course ;-) I would be the leader (or at least head the prime unit, don't remember exactly) hence tiger alpha! (I even had a logo: a lowercase letter alpha in celtic styile encircling a growling sabretooth tiger.

Mercule

Adventurer
Mercule Corin is one of my favorite characters. He's a pacifist elven ranger -- great for roleplay, horrid for dungeon-crawls.

Anyway, since I made up the name out of whole cloth, it should be available to me anywhere I care to register. And I do use it pretty much everywhere I go online.

About the only except is my AIM because I forgot my password. There I go by sobekre.

Remove ads