'Origin' of Your User Name

yongi

First Post
"yongi" has been my nickname since birth, given to me by my cruel and overly-literate father. it's a corruption of Yonghy, as in The Courtship of the Yonghy-Bonghy-Bo , by Edward Lear. The spelling corruption comes from my older cousins.

Dad decided that I looked like the YBB when I popped out into the world. According to some, I still do.

ColonelHardisson

What? Me Worry?
Colonel Buck Hardisson is a character I've used in some of the fiction writing and screen writing I've done. I've never used him as a character for an RPG, but I've done stats for him. He's sort of like a character from the pulp magazines of the 20s, 30s and 40s; think of him as something like Dusty Ayres (of Dusty Ayres and his Battle Birds), Doc Savage, Buzz Lightyear, and Buckaroo Banzai rolled into one. Or something like that. The original incarnation of the character was as a pilot of a B-24 that flew the Ploesti mission of August 1943, and he appeared in a sequence in a screenplay I was writing at the time I first began posting to Eric's boards way back when.

La Bete

First Post
I worked for a french company in London, and after a serious night out on the tiles, and some disgraceful behaviour from myself involving 2 jugs of vodka redbull and a camera, and voila! La Bete du TGM, later shortened to la bete

BluWolf

Explorer
I discovered D&D about three years after I discovered Tolkien. So when I started to game with some older gamers back in 81 the DM gave me a character for my birthday. (hey I was 12, it was the bomb to me).

ANy way the character was a High Elven rangerish type guy with an animal companion (the guy was ahead of his time) that was a giant blue furred wolf.

I always liked the image so when I started posting online I just used it. In fact my ebsites are registered to my company, BluWolf Productions. What does this company do? Nothing but buy gaming material apparently. My lawyer said I couldn't incorporate and write all this stuff off though. Hey, I tried.

Tetsubo

First Post
Oni said:
I would also like to add that having lived in New England I can say with first hand experience that Moxie is one of the most vile drinks I have ever encountered.

I still live in New England. Moxie isn't *that* bad. Though it is an acquired taste...

Templetroll

Explorer
The first group I gamed with were mostly students at Temple University in Philadelphia, PA, circa 1979. A few of us went to a convention in Delaware and we decided to have a name for our group. We were a bunch of guys, gamers to be exact, and although we were not particularly loathsome we chose the name "Temple Trolls". When it came time to get a name for D&D boards I used that group name for mine.

Sulimo

First Post
I'm a huge Tolkien fan.

For quite some time I'd been using manwe as an alias online and at some point something I wanted to join already had someone using manwe, thus I looked over manwe's aliases amd sulimo was born. Thankfully it seems obscure enough that I'm always able to use it whenever I join something else.

Sinistar

Beware, I live...

Sinistar was the first video game that ever captured my imagination. I played it one day when my class was at six flags for a trip. I hate roller coasters, (almost as much as I hated the class...) so I had nothing to do. I had a few quarters and saw the video game sitting there with no one using it.

Since then, I have been an avid gamer in just about every sense of the word. It was the first email address I had when I first got email access back in '92.

Oh, and Enforcer, congratulations on your birthday. You chose a good one, just ten years too late... whippersnapper...

Remove ads