'Origin' of Your User Name

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Kershek said:

So where the heck did that crazy picture come from? Yes, it is funny.

That picture is od Professional Wrestler Al Snow.

My Girlfriend is going to take a picture of me in the same vein very shortly and it will replace my long standing Al Snow pic.

Everyone should like it...Eric Noah thinks I'm handsome.

Kershek

Sci-Fi Newshound
Teflon Billy said:

That picture is od Professional Wrestler Al Snow.

My Girlfriend is going to take a picture of me in the same vein very shortly and it will replace my long standing Al Snow pic.

Everyone should like it...Eric Noah thinks I'm handsome.

That sounds great... at least put both of them side-by-side for a while before you remove Al's.

And as for Eric... Ok, I'm not going there.

Old Fezziwig

Well, that was a real trip for biscuits.
I had a fantasy baseball team called Kajambalaya, and a buddy of mine and myself referred to the players on the team as Kajambalayans — from there it's only a hop, skip, and a jump to Kajamba Lions (which sounded more like a baseball team anyhow). I just grabbed it as my handle when I registered. It's been over a year since I started browsing the boards, and lately I've been thinking of changing my handle, but I haven't really decided yet. I still rather like this one.

Best,
tKL

willpax

First Post
I usually sign letters (you know, those old fashioned things you write on paper and send through the post office) "pax nunc." Simple Latin: peace now.

My first name is Will.

Back (ages ago) when I first was allowed to actually pick my own email address, I combined these into "willpax." It has since become my online alter ego, as it were.

I'm now on about the fifth service provider, and it has never been taken (yet). Now that I've written the previous sentence, it will never be available again.

Buttercup

Princess of Florin
fusangite said:
Well, my signature line pretty well covers it.

You know how you can read a word incorrectly, and never even realize it? I've been seeing your name as fungas-ite instead of fusang-ite all this time. And wondering why you misspelled fungus. Doh!:rolleyes: ;)

Ace

Adventurer
Ace is archaic street slang for "Buddy thats got your back" like an Ace in the Hole

It also denotes martial valour, like a Flying Ace and skill like a "Viseo Game Ace"

Its also rarely used on discussion boards, easy to type and uses my first initial :D

You can't beat that

Sir Hawkeye

First Post
Re: User name origin

Sunglar said:
Like many others here my user name comes from a Character, in this case my 1st edition AD&D Paladin, Sunglar Redstrik. Although I had played a few characters before, I usually was (and still am) the DM. I love being a DM, but this was the one character I loved to play.

He eventually became an NPC in my long running fantasy campaign, actually two because a second generation NPC was named after the first Sunglar. My best friend who DM’ed the original game I played the character in has dropped him as an NPC in a couple of places.

I even have convinced my wife to agree that if we ever have a boy I can name him Sunglar!

The name is unique enough I get to choose it everywhere, so if you see a Sunglar, it’s probably me.

Man, we are such nerds!:D
Just so Sunglar doesn't feel picked on, I'm including all of you who are named after your D&D characters. And in case anyone missed it, I am also named after a D&D character.

My God, this whole place is full of nerds!:D
Wait, I knew that...
NERDS UNITE!:cool:

I hope that all came off as humor. Otherwise, I've offended way too many people.

Severion

First Post
Read the first two books of Gene Wolf's "Dying Earth" series back in the late eighties (i think that was it, can't seem to find them to confirm it) when i first got AOL in '91 i was trying to think of a name and rememberd "Severion, follower of Catherine, seeker of penitence and truth" (he was a torturer and executioner) and it stuck. I occasionally add an 8 onto the end of it.

BTW i have been informed that it's misspelled, and i have since married Catherine.

Mortaneus

First Post
Originally a Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain name for the big bad necromancer villain.

Later, Mortaneus D'Angelo was a villain in a game I ran.

I started using it as a handle in FPS games.

I'm also commonly known as Kriticism, but this was the only name I kept using on here after eric's black boards shut down.

Remove ads