• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Orphans of TIme

My mum's dying. It is ok. Life is like that. She has leukemia and lymphoma, both. No history of cancer in my family. We were all very surprised.

It'll be ok. It just is.

Maaaaybe. If someone could draft the stats for the NPC and hand me a character, maybe. I have to warn you, though, I am feeling mega evil and villainous lately. Like, TPK villainous.

KirayaTiDrekan

Adventurer
Maaaaybe. If someone could draft the stats for the NPC and hand me a character, maybe. I have to warn you, though, I am feeling mega evil and villainous lately. Like, TPK villainous.

That would be perfect. ;) See the sblock for more details and questions. All others...spoilers! Don't look! ;)

[sblock=CB only]What I'm thinking, and I'll work up the stats, is a villain who has time traveled so much that they've met themselves quite a few times and collaborate with their own temporal doppelgangers. They thus form a sort of network or organization comprised solely of themselves. So, the PCs will meet variations of the same person and even kill them on occasion, only to have them pop up again. Their ultimate goal is intensely personal - create a divergence in which their loved one (spouse, child, lover, whatever) is spared death. Every timeline the villain has created by changing events has always resulted in the loved one's death. They've gotten desperate enough that no price is too high, even if millions must die, they will do whatever it takes to prevent the death of their loved one.

The villain's ultimate defeat will only come when the PCs find a way to prevent the villain from ever being born - likely at the end of the campaign - because the villain and their loved one exist in an eternal paradox - the loved on cannot live while the villain does but the villain doesn't realize this or refuses to accept it.

What do you think? (Feel free to suggest tweaks.)[/sblock]

Unsung

First Post
No one's ever good at condolences.

I'm thinking Matrix-style Hollywood hacker. Guessing that the Investigative profession's a good starting point for that? Probably some combination of Fast and Smart build, but with decent combat ability and broad knowledge skills.

Last edited:

Rubberneck

First Post
CB had no idea about your circumstances. My apologies. Losing a loved one especially a parent is shi*ty. Lost my father in late 2013.

As for my character I have no idea yet. I'm good at the strong silent kill all the baddies kind of guy. Will follow along to see what others come up with and work with that.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads